Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple TV won't connect to Horizon router

• 08-11-2015 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

My Apple TV won't connect with the virgin media Horizon router we had installed yesterday

It can see all the networks in range but gives the following message:

'There was a problem connecting to the network .check your settings and try connecting again (-3905) '

Anyone come across this issue ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Its trying to connect to your old network, Clear any old settings and make sure you are putting the new SSID and password in properly. I have an appletv connected on a wired connection to my horizon without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Billy Greenbush

Wabbit Ears how do you clear the old network settings ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I see on your other thread that you actually got a 192.168.192 address which is the correct range for Horizon. Ill check mine tomorrow,, Its not here where I am right now.

Makes things easier if you stick to one thread on this :)

I see on your other thread that you actually got a 192.168.192 address which is the correct range for Horizon. Ill check mine tomorrow,, Its not here where I am right now.

Makes things easier if you stick to one thread on this :)

Ok thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Its trying to connect to your old network, Clear any old settings and make sure you are putting the new SSID and password in properly. I have an appletv connected on a wired connection to my horizon without any problems.

You don't input SSID and/or a password for a wired connection, that's only required for wi-fi.

OP, I have an Apple TV wired to my Horizon box and it works fine. I can't see any option to clear old network settings so can I suggest that you go into Settings/General/Network/Ethernet and verify that 'Configure IP' and Configure DNS' are both set to 'Automatic'.

There is a 'reset all settings' option (Settings/General/Reset) but that will clear your Netflix, Youtube, Vimeo etc. userids and passwords so should probably only be considered as the 'nuclear' option.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    You don't input SSID and/or a password for a wired connection, that's only required for wi-fi.

OP, I have an Apple TV wired to my Horizon box and it works fine. I can't see any option to clear old network settings so can I suggest that you go into Settings/General/Network/Ethernet and verify that 'Configure IP' and Configure DNS' are both set to 'Automatic'.

There is a 'reset all settings' option (Settings/General/Reset) but that will clear your Netflix, Youtube, Vimeo etc. userids and passwords so should probably only be considered as the 'nuclear' option.[/QU

When I go into network the only option I have then is Wi Fi, no Ethernet as my Apple TV is connected to the box upstairs . If I connect via cable can I reset it using your suggestion above ?

Thank you

When I go into network the only option I have then is Wi Fi, no Ethernet as my Apple TV is connected to the box upstairs . If I connect via cable can I reset it using your suggestion above ?

Apologies (to you and Wabbit Ears), I thought you had a wired connection, I got my wires crossed because of the first response above.

Do you know the SSID (wi-fi network name) and password for the Horizon box? It should be on a sticker that came with the box and possibly also on a sticker under the box. The SSID will be UPCxxxxxxx and the password will be an eight character string.

When you go into Network settings on the Apple TV and see 'Wi-Fi', you select that option and it will show you the available Wi-Fi networks, you select your Horizon SSID and then enter the password and it should connect straight away.

That's the thing ....it won't connect when I do that .

That's the thing ....it won't connect when I do that .

My UPC password is all upper case, could that be the issue? I have the Apple TV wired to the Horizon box downstairs, I bring it up to the bedroom the odd time and it connects to the wi-fi no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

My Apple TV won't connect with the virgin media Horizon router we had installed yesterday

It can see all the networks in range but gives the following message:

'There was a problem connecting to the network .check your settings and try connecting again (-3905) '

Anyone come across this issue ?

Apple Tv might have problems connecting to some DFS channels. How is your wifi configured ? is it dual band ?

• Advertisement

crashadder wrote: »
    Apple Tv might have problems connecting to some DFS channels. How is your wifi configured ? is it dual band ?

As a new boardsie, it might be worth your while looking at the timestamps on the last few posts. On this thread the OP (original poster - the thread creator) hasn't contributed since Nov 9th. Either he's sorted the problem or lost interest. Either way, I wouldn't waste my time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭crashadder

coylemj wrote: »
    As a new boardsie, it might be worth your while looking at the timestamps on the last few posts. On this thread the OP (original poster - the thread creator) hasn't contributed since Nov 9th. Either he's sorted the problem or lost interest. Either way, I wouldn't waste my time.

I thought someone else who might have similar problems would atleast find a solution rather than the problem itself. thank you for the advice though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

There are reasons why we don't drag up old threads, and this is one of them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement