Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What works for you?

Options
  • 08-11-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Was out with friends last night and was asked what helps with my sobriety. For me the real game changer was taking up yoga. I recently finished the 28 day program in John of Gods. I was in a very bad place before hand. Had lost my job and very nearly my family. I was introduced to yoga on the program and since leaving hospital have joined a yoga studio and have been going about 5 times a week. I really feel like a different person. My anxiety had been through the roof, even after leaving hospital. My regular yoga practice has brought my anxiety from a 10 to maybe a 2 or 3.

So guy's, is there anything in particular that is helping you stay sober? Maybe putting some ideas up here may help others.

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I just accepted - like a 'eureka' moment when having my last drink - that I was beat - alcohol had beaten me - I was powerless after the first drink - and I gave up - I surrendered - simple as that really - but it took a long while to get to that place - I grew to hate the man I was when drinking - I despised myself and my behaviours - tbh, I didn't really enjoy drinking anymore - but I still found I did........since I stopped drinking my life has just got better and better and I feel quite comfortable with myself.

Advertisement