Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walks his dog, but never cleans after it

• 08-11-2015 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am new in the neighbourhood so I have not met any neighbours yet. I am saying that, because I cannot ask around what is going on.

So, the thing is, that there is a fella who walks his dog, a 40kg Labrador, but never cleans after his dog. Where his dog poops, there are children playing mostly on weekends, so if anything else, it is unhealthy.

I do not know the guy, I haven't see anybody else talking to him and I would like to avoid confrontation as my first action in the new neighbourhood.

What can I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Wizard! wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am new in the neighbourhood so I have not met any neighbours yet. I am saying that, because I cannot ask around what is going on.

So, the thing is, that there is a fella who walks his dog, a 40kg Labrador, but never cleans after his dog. Where his dog poops, there are children playing mostly on weekends, so if anything else, it is unhealthy.

I do not know the guy, I haven't see anybody else talking to him and I would like to avoid confrontation as my first action in the new neighbourhood.

What can I do?

I normally hand them a bag & enquire if they forgot theirs. It has not failed to shame them into cleaning up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭catgalway

I was told by a Galway dog warden a while back to contact them with the house number of a offending neighbour & he would have a chat with them...not a fine just a chat.Still haven't done it,think it's that feeling from school days of being a snitch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Wizard!

I don't want to be considered a snitch, that is why I am asking for advice.
    However, if they do not get a fine, just a suggestion, I think it is pretty harmless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Our house backs on to a huge public open space with football pitches sometimes marked out. Entrance is via a narrow short lane (only big enough for one car) that runs down the side of our house.

People often walk their dogs there and will park up on the laneway. For years there was this one particular lady who reversed her Audi estate down the driveway and let her two dogs out and she puffs away on cigarettes. I can see this out an upstairs bedroom window.

She never cleaned up after her dogs and then throws her butts on the grass. Children play here every weekend.

One day I was so sick of it I went up to her and told her what she was doing was unacceptable and than I had all her details and if she continued I would pass her details to the Council with pictures.

Never saw her again- unfortunately she has probably moved to another park and is doing the exact same thing.

Ok, I know this may be a tad passive aggressive- what about a note on his windscreen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Casually bump into him and mention that the warden was there earlier (undercover in plain clothes) due to complaints, fined a few people who didn't clean up after their dog and said they'd be back that day/evening/whenever you see the guy walking....and you were lucky because you had bags at the time to clean up after your imaginary dogs. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Small shovel. "Post" it back through his letterbox.

Advertisement