Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Search

Options
  • 08-11-2015 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I've always found the in-site search to be a bit poor.
    For example I was trying to see reviews for a pub in Limerick called the Red Hen, the search "limerick red hen" gave me back a lot of posts about Hen nights in limerick. Using google with the query "site:boards.ie limerick red hen" works a treat.

Is there any way this can be Incorporated directly into the site?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Agree, the site search is awful. One of the main things I'd really like to see overhauled on the site. I feel very bad for new users on cycling, we have a lot of mega threads that need to be used, but it's so hard for a newer user to find them. Take for example if you've had your bike robbed, and you put in "stolen bikes" into the search - none of the results on the first page are the right thread. Almost all of them are ancient, obsolete threads that nobody ever needs to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

gleesonger wrote: »

Is there any way this can be Incorporated directly into the site?

https://cse.google.ie/cse/

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭gleesonger

Just did a quick test and thats exactly what this site needs.
    Retried my test query above and I got back relevant hits.

Any reason this hasn't been implemented already?

Advertisement