Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants set to charge for tap water

Options
  • 08-11-2015 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

Its only a matter of time ........before you will be asked to pay for tap water in restaurants .

Let us know if you are asked and how much per glass :

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

Its only a matter of time ........before you will be asked to pay for tap water in restaurants .

Let us know if you are asked and how much per glass :

How do you know?

If you think it's because of water charges, then you're mistaken, as restaurants have always paid commercial water rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Where did this come from?

What are you basing this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

According to an article in The Mirror
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/shock-irish-restaurants-set-charge-6785707
    Irish Water is set to increase commercial water rates, and this could in turn lead to charges for tap water in bars and restaurants. All is purely speculative at this stage, so just another scaremongering story by The Mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I was once charged for the butter they gave me with my bread in an expensive restaurant in Vienna. I read the reviews now before going in to an unknown restaurant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

In Portugal it is law that a restaurant must give you a glass of tap water if requested even if your sole purpose in visiting was to get a glass of water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

A story in the effin mirror and the op gets all hysterical.

Imagine somone believing the sh1te written in a tabloid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement