Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovation of bungalow

Options
  • 08-11-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

What would be the approx costs to renovate a 2000 sq ft bungalow. Roof (pitched) looks ok. It would need new flooring/walls re plastered/plumbing/ electrics/insulation (walls, roof). Also new windows/doors (triple glazed preferably), new heating system. Would it be possible to convert old home to passive home?

All help/advice needed as budget will be tight, we would be happy to get basics done to liveable standard (basic bathrooms/kitchen) and do the rest when we could afford to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

It's difficult to give meaningful costs on an internet forum as there are so many variables. As you ask about passive house possibilities, no reason why you couldn't.
    A good place to start getting some ideas is the upcoming nzeb open days nest weekend. See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Thanks MicktheMan

I didn't get to go to the nzeb open days but the information is really helpful.

I've been told renovation (because building is so bad) will be approx €180 per sq ft .... i've been told to demolish and take away would be around 70k......

Has anyone had any experience of triple glazed windows - I presumed they would be the best option but am hearing mixed reports.

Thanks anyone for any guidance :)

Advertisement