Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for terrace house in Dublin city

• 08-11-2015 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have sale agreed on an old but renovated terrace house in Dublin city. There is no front garden so the front door opens onto the street. The house is wired for an alarm. There is a back garden with an high back wall that backs onto a school ground that is fully secure outside of school hours, access to my back garden would be difficult i think.
    I would like to get my home security in order by having an alarm fitted, will probably avoid Eir[com] phone watch due to cost but i'm open to advice.

I'd like to get some type of CCTV for the back of the house and perhaps a secret one in the hall facing the front door (don't know if this is feasible, advice here would be great).

any advice on the above or other would be greatly appreciated..

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For a wired system I would recommend Siemens. This gives you the best options for monitoring or self monitoring.
    CCTV is a huge market. Have you a budget in mind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Hi, thanks for your reply, so I should specify Siemens products with whatever supplier/fitter I choose?
    I think the budget is not more than 1,100Euro

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Here is a brochure for the Siemens systems.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iMnRJMWRFX3plVGM/view?usp=docslist_api

Have a look over it and come back to me if you want any more information.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Do you work for siemens koolkid?

No. I just install a lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Piriz wrote: »
    Hi,

I have sale agreed on an old but renovated terrace house in Dublin city. There is no front garden so the front door opens onto the street. The house is wired for an alarm. There is a back garden with an high back wall that backs onto a school ground that is fully secure outside of school hours, access to my back garden would be difficult i think.
    I would like to get my home security in order by having an alarm fitted, will probably avoid Eir[com] phone watch due to cost but i'm open to advice.

I'd like to get some type of CCTV for the back of the house and perhaps a secret one in the hall facing the front door (don't know if this is feasible, advice here would be great).

any advice on the above or other would be greatly appreciated..

thanks

I would have a look at the LTS equipment for your CCTV, covert cameras are available also.
    Is this for a self install?

Advertisement