Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering cost?

Options
  • 08-11-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a rough idea of having the inside of my shed plastered.
    The plasterboard is up inside now, the measurments are roughly 18 by 11 foot.
    I'm expecting it to cost a small fortune but I would appreciate a guide price if anyone could.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a rough idea of having the inside of my shed plastered.
    The plasterboard is up inside now, the measurments are roughly 18 by 11 foot.
    I'm expecting it to cost a small fortune but I would appreciate a guide price if anyone could.

Thanks

Skimmers roughly charging €5 a square metre for labour only...that's coming from a lad I was chatting to last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Thanks, now to google how to find out the sq metres of the walls lol

Thanks, now to google how to find out the sq metres of the walls lol

Look at each wall. Multiply the height by the width...example 10 metres X 5 metres = 50 square metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Allow €18/m2 ex vat

So
    18sq ft = 5.49m
    11sq ft = 3.36m

Average height of internal wall is 2.4m so

(5.49m x 2.4m) x 2 = 26.35m2
    (3.36m x 2.4m) x 2 = 16.13m2
    42.48m2 in total. So im guessing there's at least one door that's 2.1m2 and i'm assuming at least 1 window 3m2.

42.48-5.1m2 = 37.38m2 x €18 = €672.84

So your talking €763.68 incl VAT so round up to €800.

(i didn't forget about the ope for the car entrance, just decided not to account for it to give you contingency)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

mfceiling wrote: »
    Skimmers roughly charging €5 a square metre for labour only.
    cronin_j wrote: »
    Allow €18/m2 ex vat

Some difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭rampantbunny

elastico wrote: »
    Some difference!

You said you had plasterboard up...I'd assume that is on the ceiling only and therefore the ceiling needs only a skim coat. mfceilings price is skim only.

For walls, if no plasterboard on these then you might the full treatment i.e. sand/cement plaster followed by skim finish (optional).
    FWIW, if it is a shed and nothing fancier, you don't need a skim finish on the walls, just the ceiling. Not familiar with pricing, but cronin_j might be showing a price for sand/cement plaster...not sure if skim included.

elastico wrote: »
    Some difference!

Yeah!! The lad I was talking to is working direct to a contractor. Everything is there for him. Skim, beads, scaffolding etc
    All he has to do is mix it and get it on the wall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

Sorry i should of clarified the plasterboard is on the walls too, thanks everyone

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

some posts deleted, there will be no mention of cash or adds to services. Please read the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hey folks,

I have a query re plastering.

Currently looking at getting the house rewired, and will be taking down 2 non-structural dividing walls. Also, might be a 20m2 ceiling to skim.

So, for plastering, there'll be some plastering over the wall chasing, some plastering in the vicinity of the taken down walls, and the ceiling to be plastered. How long would this take, and roughly how much would it cost? Based in the dublin area.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement