Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applecare Plus

• 08-11-2015 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭

I bought my iPhone 6S a month ago on the Apple UK site (parcel motel route).

Which version of Apple Care plus should I buy? The UK one or Irish one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Also, I've smashed the screen of my phone accidentally yesterday, if I buy Apple Care today (I'm within the 60 days of purchase) should I be good for a replacement phone?

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Coverage only starts on the date you purchase AppleCare+. So if you buy it today your phone is only covered from today onward, damage incurred yesterday is not covered.

You can try and lie and say the damage happened after but this would be insurance fraud.

Either way you don't get a replacement phone straight away. They'll try fix it first with refurbished parts and will replace only if they can't fix it (with a refurb phone).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They'll run a diagnostics test on your phone before you can buy APP+ so they'll probably know its damaged.

Got it - thanks folks.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would guess that just getting a new screen without AppleCare+ will not cost you much more than if you took out AC+ and then got the new screen.

• Advertisement

Yeah the home button is also jammed and non-pressable because of the damage.

Screen replacement is 150ish and new device out of warranty replacement is 330ish.

All in all, not bad given it's an 840euro phone! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Buying AppleCare+ after the damage and making a claim on it is definitely fraud.

If you make a claim you will be shipped a service unit and you'll send back the damaged device. (You will need to have the full retail value of the phone held as a hold on your credit card until they receive your phone back.)

Taking out AC+ will give you 2 years coverage from the day the phone was purchased, just so you know.

Is the phone usable? You will need to be able to run a diagnostics.

Have to pay Apple for the repair anyway, not too bad in the end.

I was thinking:

AC+ is for 2 years right?

So if I get it now, and then buy a new phone from Apple in a years time, can I transfer the plan onto my new device?

Have to pay Apple for the repair anyway, not too bad in the end.

I was thinking:

AC+ is for 2 years right?

So if I get it now, and then buy a new phone from Apple in a years time, can I transfer the plan onto my new device?

You can't transfer it to a new device. You have it for 2 years from when you originally bought the phone, not 2 years from when you purchase AppleCare Plus.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    You can't transfer it to a new device. You have it for 2 years from when you originally bought the phone, not 2 years from when you purchase AppleCare Plus.

Ah right, so when I sell on the phone, it'll come with the AppleCare Plus for whoever buys it ya?

• Advertisement

Ah right, so when I sell on the phone, it'll come with the AppleCare Plus for whoever buys it ya?

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You can also get a refund for th unused portion of apple care plus.

Thanks Folks!!!

Advertisement