Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time basic build

Options
  • 08-11-2015 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all, looking for a little bit of direction... Basically, I'm looking for your recommendations on a first time build, nothing heavy, just to send a few emails, browsing, typing up some college work etc. I'm wondering what price would you put on a basic build like this? I don't need a copy of Windows, or a monitor, but will be buying everything else. My budget is up to you people that are in the know, and I'm just looking for a rough estimate since I probably won't be starting until the new year.

Many thanks,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pentium G3220 €60
    4gb RAM €30
    1tb HDD €50 (optional)
    120gb SSD €60
    300w PSU €30
    H81M board €50
    Total €280

Plus whatever you're willing to spend on a case, probably 30-50 for a reasonable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dpat1l

Wow I was thinking it'd be in or around the €400 mark. Thanks for the quick reply! Would you happen to have any personal preferences or recommendations regarding where to pick up the bits and pieces, or more to the point, anywhere to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's a very basic build now.

I personally like BitFenix for style

Mindfactory, Amazon, computer universe are well priced

I appreciate that but I'm not looking for it to be a main computer... More a case of it being a long time interest that I now have some money to try haha. I'll have a look around. Thanks a million :)

Does this parts list sound workable?

Intel Pentium G3220
    Gigabyte H81M
    Antec VP 350P IC2 bulk Series
    Crucial 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003
    Sharkoon VG4-W
    Samsung SH-224FB/BEBE bulk

Total = €262

I'm aware there's no SSD included but I figured having the OS on the HDD would be okay as it is with the computer I'm using now, but I'm open to correction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Unless you need lots of space I would choose a SSD everytime. Its just so much better.

Advertisement