Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭thesultan

What's his background?

Surely was in fossets circus, polish gymnast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

What was it that made dearbhla think he would be good in that? Gymnast? He did class! Surely better than they imagined anyone would do when they came up with that event! Amazing.

Mairead talks about a bog like it's some type of sewage pit or abattoir skip or something, it's a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Mairead talks about a bog like it's some type of sewage pit or abattoir skip or something, it's a bit much.

There is no bog anywhere near that field. It's just a pit of water.

The family that won the hanging tough are exhausted.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

There is no bog anywhere near that field. It's just a pit of water.

The family that won the hanging tough are exhausted.

I had intended to put 'bog' in inverted commas !

I think they should at the start rank the team members 1 to 4. If for some reason a team member has to drop out the corresponding team member on the other team drops out too. Loosing a strongest member due to injury is much worse than choose to drop the weakest member.

And it's not even either !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Both teams looked more shattered going into that eliminator round, than any of the other participants in previous weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Both teams looked more shattered going into that eliminator round, than any of the other participants in previous weeks.

They both really worked for it do. The Cojenskis deserved to win the eliminator and go through do even do at one stage the other team certainly looked fitter. Then they just fell back after the ice bath.
    The lad that hurt himself over the bail do flew over it he really did. Lucky it was not a broken rip and a punctured lung. He was lucky.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭davetherave

I think they should at the start rank the team members 1 to 4. If for some reason a team member has to drop out the corresponding team member on the other team drops out too. Loosing a strongest member due to injury is much worse than choose to drop the weakest member.

Yeah, or at the very least follow their own rules that "Teams must have at least one member of both genders taking part".

Take the decision of who to drop away from the family that have to make the decision. Dropping a mother when the other team loses the son isn't really fair but you'd have to imagine that the Kulczynskis would never give up the triathlon guy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Wouldn't agree as it could easily lead to tactical injuries especially towards the final and could be controversial. Injuries are unfortunate but it's survival of the fittest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

What's his background?

Triathlon. He is in the junior development squad I think. So is well used to surpassing pain.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Anyone watching? Touch going so far.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

Yeah. The big bulky lads struggle with hang tough. The balance beams on pontoon of pain!! Some wobble on it.

The longest lasting hang tough people seem to go to some place in their mind. One girl kept singing a song. Lasted ages

Ms

Come on the Mileys from Kildare. Hopefully they win hanging touch.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

No way a break. Talk about making us wait for it. Must be good. I say the Mileys get 10minutes between them and win hanging touch.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Here we go.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Come on Kildare.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Noooooooooooooooo

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Oh dear.... they must polish that bar to an inch of its life.

Great eliminator. The Doyle's lost time in the net. Well done Miley family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

larko wrote: »
    Oh dear.... they must polish that bar to an inch of its life.
    Covid cleaning has a price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Poor showings all round on hanging tough, they’ll be hoping that’s it done for this series

I thought Doyle’s could win it but the Mileys were class. Especially Jean, she was awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,739 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Green&Red wrote: »
    Poor showings all round on hanging tough, they’ll be hoping that’s it done for this series

I thought Doyle’s could win it but the Mileys were class. Especially Jean, she was awesome

I've heard some comparisons of how poor the times were relative to previous years but what I would say in defence of the families:
    1. The diametre of the bar was almost certainly different to that of previous years.
    2. The bar was nowhere near as stable. Last few years the bar has been part of a solid structure attached to the end of a teleporter - all solid.
    3. This bar structure appears to be hanging by a rope/chain from a crane and it appeared to be moving in the wind A LOT, so much so that they had tried to tie the ends to try stabilise the structure however there was far more movement in this than other years.

So, while it was the same for everyone, it wasn't the same this year as last.

Davy roaring his "motivational" stuff would distract rather than help the participants I think. He does my head in. Anna isn't much better.
    Dervla has a far more inspirational, professional way about her and seems to get the best out of her teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

inthehat wrote: »
    Davy roaring his "motivational" stuff would distract rather than help the participants I think. He does my head in. Anna isn't much better.
    Dervla has a far more inspirational, professional way about her and seems to get the best out of her teams.

Wouldn't be able for it! I'd probably stop and tell them to shut up! Or bring ear plugs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

inthehat wrote: »

Derval and her monotone
    ‘I can’t process this now / need to go away and process this ‘.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Arduach

Davy does so much shouting that it's rendered useless. You can't get a message across that way. He's overhyped as a gaa manager too, burns out his teams.

Dervla is professional. Proper focus, not roaring and bawling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

The eliminator was a great watch, so close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anna’s voice would go through you, the shrillness of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Arduach wrote: »
    Davy does so much shouting that it's rendered useless. You can't get a message across that way. He's overhyped as a gaa manager too, burns out his teams.

Dervla is professional. Proper focus, not roaring and bawling.

Before the Hanging Tough, he told his team to talk to him when they were struggling.

The Mammy on the team tried to do exactly that, calling Davey, Davey but he never heard her with all his shouting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I notice that since Donncha lost the head with a family a couple of weeks ago, he's been a lot quieter and focused - maybe taking a leaf from Derval's book!

Advertisement