Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

If there was a competition for the largest amount of pointless waffle Anna Geary would surely win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Great performance by the Cuddys. Esp Lisa after that hammering she took earlier, I felt that fall just watching it!

Great head of hair on the brother!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

If you asked a kid to draw an Irishman he is exactly what would be drawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Davy made shìte of the cargo net last week aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah that cargo net cost them the race. Its been in the show every year from the start so you'd think Davy would have figured out the best way for a team to tackle it.

Good episode overall, the Fordes look like contenders on that performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Anna and Dzvy never shut up. Imagine trying to get into the zone hanging from a flippin crane and you have to listen to theim constantly roaring. . A couple of blowhard egomaniacs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anna is exceptionally annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nah, the ideal team is a fit mammy and 3 fit daughters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Forde’s have no balance.

the upper body strength for hanging tough doesn’t appear to suit the people who like larger upper arms.

davy putting the daughter down before hanging tough. Just do what you can as the 3 males it’s on you.

what’s up with Davy having the official equipment at his home. Shouldn’t be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Hanging tough is similar to marathon running. Less weight you have to carry, far easier it is.

• Advertisement

Geary would annoy you up on the bar. Never shuts up.

"short term pain for long term gain"

"Go to that place in your head"

"Give me 20 seconds, just 20 seconds...20, 19...stay there for your family...18...stay there, just 20 seconds...20."

The Cuddy's have been the luckiest of the lot so far. Straight through to quarters after the cycling/bag lifting in R1 and then a 4th place finish and 1st place in the other event.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Not easy going through all that mud. I would wear tights if I was going through that too. Can't believe you man not wearing leggings or tights.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The aul' fella letting that Dublin team down badly in that eliminator. I'd be raging if I was one of the kids.

Geary's team have been so lucky in their last 2 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Forde’s might regret the father or daughter having a go at the ramp. Waiting for sons to get down from wall and getting up the ramp

Delighted to see the Bissets gone. The most cocky, unlikable family ever on the series. Even up the the very end they were cocky. "oh we have the edge because we've done this before, we have the strategy for the wall"

Anyone else think the first set of families had a much harder task than the second? Bog was much harder than the swamp. Swamp looked like mostly water while the rest was just on a balance beam and monkey bars.

I can still hear Davy's constant roaring. "CAM ONN...GO...CAM ON. CAM ON!!!!!"

And then Geary's annoying voice. Did you hear her at the end with the scutter she comes out with. "It's not about who wants...it's about who needs it...who craves it!" Anna, do you know crave and want is the same thing?

The Kinsellas are in with the good shot of winning I think. They've got a good balance and light team which will bode well for endurance events. If they just manage to survive the inevitable carrying/pulling event they'll have a great chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tom_Crean

I'd love to see a member of Davy or Anna's team casually take a pair of ear plugs out of their pocket before an event and put them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If you record it and fast forward through the breaks and the "I have to beat coach x because he'll be unbearable" shite, it only takes about 40 minutes!

Pity the cuddahies are gone. I thought they were good, the lad carrying the mother through most of the events was an absolute beast, an assest to any team.

Also it's gas at this stage to see Anna Geary communicate almost exclusively through clichés.

• Advertisement

Tug of war would be a good event for this actually, or drag a tractor 20 yards before starting running or something

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Anna Geary is very hard to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

You're wrong there!

She is f@#$ing impossible to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

Her first words after her team won .... "I'm the winning coach!!!! I'm the winning coach!!!" All about her😕. It was a great competition this year though. Some seriously fit families and some great finishes.

I'm not saying this to be confrontational. I think it was a weak year. The final 2 families were good.

Agreed re. Anna.

The Cuddihys had a real nice route through to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d agree, thought the standard was down this year. I’d love to have a champions playoff

• Advertisement

A champions playoff would be good, except the father and mother on a 2011/2012 team could be mid 60s!

Advertisement