Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

irelands fittest family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Rmgblue

Rathbeggan lakes. Near dunshaughlin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Fair play to the Burns family for entering but surely RTE or whoever runs the show should have known they would struggle in those events. The poor mother. Was there no one else in the family a cousin or uncle that could have gone on the team or was mammy a last minute substitute?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,093 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That was quite the tight eliminator!

I really thought the Gallaghers would run away with it, but no...... but the Mam absolutely smashed those lily-pads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Agreed, fair play to them for entering but I assumed there'd be pre-show heats to get through. I'd also make sure we could all at least get over a bale of hay or hang off a bar for a few minutes before entering my family (which will likely never happen).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Cumhachtach

Poor Martina Burns. If you can't get over a 5x4 bale of straw you shouldn't be there.

The heaviest person ever on Operation Transformation would make as good a fist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I wonder was it done to attract more families to enter or something? If it was it back fired because no way would families enter after seeing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Davy was even more insufferable than normal tonight. Swear to God if I dragged my arse off the couch to enter this and he was shouting st me like that, I'd tell him to "get to fxxk" and fire my helmet at his head

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭patob

Cracking up when Davy went ballistic when the Nugent lad slammed the ball and it bounced out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,123 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just watching it now but I take it the burns went out. Not surprised if they did. Them two lads should be ashamed of themselves making their Mother take the toughest cord just stupid. One of them should have been on that, the mother should have been on the light cord and the girl and one of the lads on the medium cords.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

I can not believe how stupid and illogical all these teams are making there Mum or Sister etc do the toughest cord. Disgraceful. A man should be doing that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I don't agree re. the cords. The mother wouldn't score on the lightest one. Give her the heaviest and let her muck around. She doesn't even have to put in much effort.

Put your best on the lightest. They'll fly in scores from close range. The task is won by scoring. It's not a question of the strongest person for the strongest cord.

Ms

I disagree. She could very well score on the lightest cord but on the heaviest one not a hope whereas the lads even on the heaviest cord if they are fit and healthy should still score.

The score they get would at least be the same or maybe even better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The objective isn't to get the mother to score its to get the best team score. The strongest should be on the weakest cord and try and put up a big number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'd have to agree with Cumhachtach on this. The mother didn't inspire confidence so let one of the lads take the light cord and make life as easy as possible for your strongest team member.

Ms

Ye and that went well for the Burns and all did'nt it not. They were all useless.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Look across all the teams. Most capable family members on lightest cord to accumulate scores. Any score coming from heavy cord a bonus.

If you put Mrs. Burns on the lightest cord their team score would be even lower.

It's a team challenge. Not give mammy the easiest task to the detriment of the team.

Unreal roaring from Donnacha and Davy tonight. The big DDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Davy could have got them up there alright..

Would have needed a crane though.

John Finnegan. Could you at least go on a 6 week diet before presenting for Irelands Fittest Family.. A hindrance to your team throughout. You've done no training and 14 year old twins are putting you to shame. And you're not even that old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The twins were very impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

I don't like the way that different weeks have different heats, it should be the same for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Can’t imagine that would be great as a viewer spectacle having to endure the same events 4 weeks in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The Finnegan girls were absolutely brilliant. That last eliminator was incredibly tense.

Again, Davy was a disgrace. Screaming his head off at his team and when they lost her stood there with a sour puss on his face and could barely offer them any words of commiseration or support. I really love seeing his teams get eliminated

Lots of unfit (borderline unsuitable?) parents this series.

Those 14-yr-old girls were unvelievable last night! I missed the start with the intros - what sport are they into? I'm assuming something like GAA....

They were absolute dynamos!

And the unmerciful clatter that fella took off the haybale in round 1 - fair dues to him for carrying on, can't remember which family he was from.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nina Carberry hasn't exactly hit the ground running as a coach...has she got anyone through?

I know there are different coaching styles...but she doesn't seem that bothered....

This show is really all about not having the weakest member, lots of teams having to drag around older unfit men and woman have gone out.

That family last week with the woman who couldn't get over a bale of hay?!? Surely they can come up with someone better than that?

What?

The parents who are in Supermacs with their kids are hardly likely to be applying for Fittest Family!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Will_I_Amnt

The "coaching" has feck all bearing on anything - it's just for show. Carberry will get the strongest family (on paper) in next weeks episode so that she'll be in the series into the quarter finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't agree.

Perfect example this week Donncha, he told his family what to do to get last person up ramp (who was really struggling) and it worked.

We will see, she currently has no one so the law of averages...

• Advertisement

Hard to tell how much influence the coaching has - although tactics on the likes of the raft race play a huge part. How much attention the family pays to said tactics is at least as important!

I thought the families were divvied out from the start? Usually they've shown some bit of the "selection process" (which is complete spoofery IMO) but this year i think they just announced which families were with which coach.

I'd love to see Nina get a family through, just to show that quiet and determined can beat shouty and showy. Having said that, I love Donncha's antics, he makes me laugh (and is well able to have a laugh at himself as well).

Advertisement