Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullseye 360 - November 22nd

Options
  • 08-11-2015 7:52pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭

6034073 Bullseye 360 Pistol & Rifle Comp. picture.php?albumid=2359&pictureid=15304

The next Bullseye 360 and Rifle competition for pistol and rifle shooters of all types is on Saturday 21st November 2015. This is an open comp, and includes any sights, action, caliber, etc. As a Bullseye and Match comp there is no rests or supports of any type. This includes slings, rests, bags, bipods, sticks, etc. Nothing.

Pistol comp will be begin at 10:30 sharp, and Rifle comp begins at 12:30.

The shoots will be broken up into a four different disciplines. They are:
    • Centrefire Pistol Bullseye
    • Rimfire Pistol Bullseye
    • Rifle, Short Course
    • Rifle Long Course

You may enter as many as you like, as often as you like. This is an open competition meaning all are welcome. There are no restrictions on the caliber or type of gun you use. A ranking system is being introduced that will take effect when enough shoots have been completed to properly place each competitor in their appropriate class. These are:
    • A - Master
    • B - Expert
    • C - Marksman
    • D - Standard

Details of the shoots are as follows:

Bullseye 360 Pistol. Centrefire & Rimfire.

Centrefire Pistol Bullseye

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    12 (2x6)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    8 mins
    |
    25 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    12 (2x6)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    4 mins
    |
    20 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    15 yds
    |
    Centrefire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    10 yds
    |

Rimfire Pistol Bullseye

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    10 (2x5)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    8 mins
    |
    25 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    10 (2x5)
    |
    Double Handed
    |
    4 mins
    |
    20 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    15 yds
    |
    Rimfire Pistol
    |
    |
    Single Handed
    |
    60 secs
    |
    10 yds
    |
    Rifle. Short Course

Rifle - Short Course - Centrefire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    50 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Sitting/Kneeling, unrested
    |
    4 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |
    Centrefire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    25 mtrs
    |
    Rifle - Short Course - Rimfire

Firearm Type
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Position
    |
    Time Limit
    |
    Distance
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Prone, Unrested
    |
    8 mins
    |
    50 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Sitting/Kneeling, unrested
    |
    4 mins
    |
    40 mtrs
    |
    Rimfire Rifle
    |
    |
    Standing, Unrested
    |
    2 mins
    |
    25 mtrs
    |

As said above this is an Open Competition for members and non members alike. Anyone entering must bring current licenses for all firearms being used and appropriate insurance cards/details. You may enter as many or as few comps as you like, and re-entries will be available. Prices are being worked out and will be updated within the next couple off days. All Centrefire Pistol matches will be shot with 6 rounds per mag, and 2 mags per 12 round match. All Rimfire Pistol matches will be shot with 5 rounds per match, and 2 mags per 10 round match. The total round count for each discipline is as follows:

Discipline
    |
    Round Amount
    |
    Bullseye C/F Pistol
    |
    |
    Bullseye R/F Pistol
    |
    |
    Rifle C/F Short Course
    |
    |
    Rifle R/F Short Course
    |
    |
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭clivej

See if I can't beat the pants off you this time
    :D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

BRING IT ON!!! :D

I'd say most of ye lads beat me already. You've more experience at this kind of shooting. It's amazing how bad someone can be, or more to the point how much you can rely on rests. I was genuinely struggling. It really opened my eyes to how difficult free handed shooting can be and how much practice i need.

Still i'll shoot this, and then spend some time over the holidays to prepare for next year. Really looking forward to it. It's a style of shooting i haven't done and the craic is better than i've had in other disciplines in a long time.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

As some of you have already gotten the mail you'll know, but to everyone else the date for the final shoot of the year has had to be changed due to an unseen and last minute issue with range availability.

The shoot will now take place on Sunday the 22nd November (day after the planned shoot).

Apologies if this causes problems for anyone, however it could not be avoided.

So today marked the last Bullseye comp (calendar one anyway) of the year.

It was a great day as you'd expect. Good turnout and standard is getting higher. Winner of the rimfire rifle section was only 8 points off maximum, nice one Chris, and the C/F lads were not too shabby themselves. Even managed to bag myself a top three finish (3rd), but i think they felt sorry for me and told i was third instead of saying i came last, but there was only three of us shooting C/F :D

Unfortunately i never got to shoot pistol today as my Father had a slight issue during his shoot and i had to try and resolve the problem. Turns out it was just a slight problem he is having with aligning the sights of the gun. Bless him, but he refuses to wear his glasses (looking glasses) when shooting and he needs them.

Still he enjoyed the day, as i did. To the lads i never got to speak to, if i don't see you before the Christmas break i wanna take the time to wish you a very early happy Christmas.

On another point i was talking to some of the guys today and explained to them my hopes of merging the rimfire & centrefire sporting rifle comps i was holding into the same schedule and platform as the Bullseye. This means any future shoots will give multiple variations of disciplines/sports in a single comp. I'm thrashing out the specifics of the shots with Christy & Paul over the coming week, but you'll be looking at:
    • Rimfire pistol
    • Centrefire Pistol
    • Rimfire rifle (short)
    • Rimfire Rifle (long)
    • Centrefire Rifle (short)
    • Centrefire Rifle (long)
    • Rimfire Sporting (long & short)
    • Centrefire Rifle (long & short)

This will not affect the Bullseye shoots and all comps will be run as the one event. Not two separate ones on the same day. Medals will be available for all shoots. As this is still in the early stages of planning it may be a shoot or two until it is fully up and running, but keep an eye out here for competition notifications and i'll let you know when the new shoots will take place.

Another new development is, due to the work commitments of all the lads running the comps all shoots will most likely now be held on Sundays. The new calendar is already being worked on with the first shoot for 2016 being as early as possible in January.

The lads did make a point today to try and get one last, unscheduled, shoot in before Christmas, but this depends on range availability, among other factors. As soon as i know if one can be arranged i'll post here so stay tuned.

Lastly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Christy and Paul wanted me to wish everyone that attended over the year their thanks for attending and supporting the sport and their hope to see you all as well as new faces in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭IrishTarget

Yeah, good day as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭clivej

Sorry not to make the last comp. but Saturday is my shooting day. Anyway it gave Cass a chance to get a medal.

Many thanks to Christy and Paul for running this event and I'm looking forward to next years shooting

Well you've been shooting for years, and it's only my second one. I intend to give you a run for your money next year. Make you earn any medals you might get. :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,021 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sorry to have missed it...But Sunday was out for me,and had been on Sat over at Munster Target shooting for a WA1500 pistol shoot. Between comps in the middle of duck and deer season tho ol sporting event calender starts to fill up rather quick. Thats my only gripe,if we could co ordinate the various events from every organisations annual competition calenders a bit tighter it would be great.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement