Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Day - Before Holidays

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

I take it from the above that you don't teach English. People form and express judgements all the time, and people are judged all the time. He's good looking. She's a kind person. Yer man is bone idle. That lot are a dirty team. And so on.

If I was in favour of getting off work with the aid of a false medical cert, I'd probably want others not to make judgements about my beliefs and behaviour. Why? Because I'd be somewhat embarrassed about it, that's why.

But my wishes wouldn't stop people making their judgements, because that's what people do. And if I attempted to wish away their judgement and my sense of embarrassment with emotive bluster and poorly-analysed semantics, it wouldn't really help. Maybe for a few minutes, but not for any decent length of time. I'd still know it was wrong, and the embarrassment would still creep back.

I have a feeling you don't at all mind judging others. You just don't like others judging you. That's a common enough view of things.

Anyway, we have different views about the merits of getting time off on the basis of fake medical certs, and we aren't convincing each other. So let's stop wasting bandwidth. Cheers.

Your post pretty much exemplifies everything I said earlier. Cheers to you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

OK we'll leave it there then folks...

Thread lockerooney

Mod

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement