Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys in Athlone

Options
  • 08-11-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I was in the Toy Store (not named) in Athlone today & the staff hadn't a clue. Did anyone else have this experience. I had a voucher 12e off 100e spend & I ended up getting 6e off. The assistant insisted this offer of the 12e off hasn't started yet. As a matter of interest it ends next week. I didnt want to make a fuss so I let him/her deduct the 6e. Better than nothing!! Toys are big money so its not a joke messing around with customers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Did you have the voucher printed off?

If you did, it clearly states on the voucher that it ends tomorrow 10/11/2015.

Did you spend over €100?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Yes, Bob I had the voucher printed & I spent over 100e & I knew the voucher was valid till 10th. But seemingly the cashier hadn't seen a voucher already & didn't know the details. I hadn't read the small print but I knew I should be getting 12e off so I took my beating!! Toys are expensive & money is scarce & staff should be tutored a bit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Humm, in that case, you shouldn't have backed down or asked for a manager. Might be worth going back and having a word with a manager?

It's the Christmas season there could be a lot of new/temp staff that know feck all, you might have gotten one of them. Still I know, all staff should be aware of any offers a company is running in their store, especially if they knew about the 6euro offer.

Advertisement