Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is this so cheap?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it potentially replacing another shower already installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭893bet

No. Its a new build.

I am just struggling to see the difference between the 70 euro shower and the one for 150 and the one for 280 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

At 8.5 KW you will find that it will struggle in cold weather to heat a decent volume of water for a shower.

dingding wrote: »
    At 8.5 KW you will find that it will struggle in cold weather to heat a decent volume of water for a shower.

The 9.5 and 10.5 are 82 euro and 94 euro respectively.

Again very cheap. Just want to make sure I am not missing anything. Given they are trition I assume they are of good quality.

Prob go with this....
    http://www.ie.screwfix.com/triton-enrich-black-electric-shower-white-9-5kw.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Mains fed showers can be a pain. Anything like another tap, toilet flushed etc can affect the flow on them, and particularly the cold tap in the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The shower you are looking at is not intended for the Irish market. It is not supported by triton Ireland. Triton Ireland do NOT repair these at all. You have no warranty with them and they do not sell parts for it. You have to be very careful when buying showers from any British outlet here in Ireland. Argus and B&Q also stock showers not intended for the Irish market

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    The shower you are looking at is not intended for the Irish market. It is not supported by triton Ireland. Triton Ireland do NOT repair these at all. You have no warranty with them and they do not sell parts for it. You have to be very careful when buying showers from any British outlet here in Ireland. Argus and B&Q also stock showers not intended for the Irish market

At 80 quid I wouldn't even try get it fixed anyway.

I assume there is no difference in fitting between ireland and UK. Both are still imperial?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,097 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

893bet wrote:
    At 80 quid I wouldn't even try get it fixed anyway.

893bet wrote:
    I assume there is no difference in fitting between ireland and UK. Both are still imperial?

You are correct. They Will work here in Ireland so long as you have constant mains pressure (most of Dublin do not have this and they will work intermittently). You can get years of trouble free showering from them.

Also the quality is not there in these showers despite the brand. Triton should have used a different brand for this cheap range.

The biggest part of the cost for a new full electric shower installation is not the shower but Labour, plumbing and electrical fittings. If it were my house I'd rather pay a little extra for a good quality pumped electric shower. We always recommend people go for a tank fed shower rather than a mains fed shower. Even the highest quality mains fed shower won't work properly without constant mains pressure.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You are correct. They Will work here in Ireland so long as you have constant mains pressure (most of Dublin do not have this and they will work intermittently). You can get years of trouble free showering from them.

Also the quality is not there in these showers despite the brand. Triton should have used a different brand for this cheap range.

The biggest part of the cost for a new full electric shower installation is not the shower but Labour, plumbing and electrical fittings. If it were my house I'd rather pay a little extra for a good quality pumped electric shower. We always recommend people go for a tank fed shower rather than a mains fed shower. Even the highest quality mains fed shower won't work properly without constant mains pressure.

Just checked with my plumber. I had wrongly assumed it was mains fed. I got confused as the toilets are mains fed as I didnt want the pump kicking in!

Looks like I am getting the T90z so!

Sorry for the waste of bandwidth! :o

Advertisement