Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long term agency staff - any rights to CID?

Options
  • 08-11-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi there,
    just a quick query. does anyone know what the story is with contract (agency) staff outsourced to the same public sector organisation on contracts of varying duration (but no break in service iykwim). is there any entitlement under the temporary staff laws for a contract of indefinite duration with the company you are outsourced to?
    thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I don't think so, not with the company you are outsourced to, your contract is with the agency.

How long are you working there?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

After four years, you are entitled to a cid with the agency, not with their client.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

thanks guys. I'm there over 4 years. i don't think a cid with an agency means much as would rather work directly for the company. hopefully in time :)

Advertisement