Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy desiccant boxes?

Options
  • 08-11-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to pick up some desiccant boxes like this. They are commonly used in Asia to reduce air humidity and combat mould. Does anyone know where I could find some in Dublin city centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Tristram wrote: »
    I'm looking to pick up some desiccant boxes like this. They are commonly used in Asia to reduce air humidity and combat mould. Does anyone know where I could find some in Dublin city centre?

Decwells on South Great Georges street, or any hardware, should have moisture traps.

I like the UniBond Aero 360 pure one, but there are others..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

See them quite regularly in Aldi & Lidl. Aslo in dealz but I dont know if they are in city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I imagine they use them in Asia due to the fact they are small and relatively cheap. A dehumidifier is a better choice IMO and what most Europeans use. An electronic dehumidifier is a far superior option. Powercity or DID sell them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Homestore and More do them, but not very city centre though.
    http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/cleaning/dehumidifiers+fresheners/icat/homdehfre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The unibond aero 360 is a good one. I use one in my bathroom. They're no replacement for a dehumidifier if there are bigger issues, but I've found they do a good preventative job.

I also have one of the smaller globe-shaped unibond dessicant boxes. It's ok, but a bit messier as the plastic globe breaks apart too easily. You could easily end up with a spill.

I bought mine in woodies near glasnevin cemetery. Not too far from the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dealz have them as said, most hardware shops will be a lot more expensive.

Advertisement