Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Joining carpenter/shuttering seeking work,moving to Canada any help greatly app

Options
  • 08-11-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

As the title says I am a CSCS carpenter currently working for Balfour Beatty in London on a major government project the work and money is great but I fancy a change,I have the 2015 working holiday visa and work permit to live and work in Canada,I also have 360 digger,Slinger signaller,Crane banks man,teleporter,articulated dump truck,site dumper CSCS tickets and so on not going to bore you with the details basically I'm looking to find out from this who have been over there or those who are out there working in construction?

Is it hard to get in with a good company?
    What is the money like?
    Is living expensive?
    What should I look out for etc?
    Does anybody know any good companies hiring?

I have some offers from companies already to come out with but I said I would ask you guys to get the bully up on it before I consider making the move..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ignore: My cic kompass IEC visa working holiday Canada recruitment Vancouver Toronto chippy jobs mining fort mc Murray formwork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

Not sure about the rest of Canada but Alberta is in recession and it's going to get worse with this current government (provincial and federal!) in charge. There have been ten of thousands of layoffs from the oil patch/Fort McMurray so you maybe be better off looking at Toronto/Vancouver etc.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement