Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 193 - Rousey v Holm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Holm via Submission
    Andre 3000 wrote: »
    He could have a point. It was announced Rousey is out for 6 months. She could very well decide to call it quits.

Thats normal after a knockout.

She will go for another scan CT scan in 2 weeks and unless it comes back negative (never happened in the UFC) she will have the suspension cut.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Holm via Submission
    How do you mean come back negative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hard to disagree with Aldo there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Rousey via Decision
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    How do you mean come back negative?

In two weeks she'll have another MRI and CT, if there is still swelling or other signs of concussion or it's not progressing as quickly as the doctors would like the ban will stay at 6 months and be reviewed in a few weeks. If it's looking better the doctor will adjust it to 3 or 4 months depending and reassess in 4 - 6 weeks.

Basically, traumatic brain injuries ain't no joke, son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The fight really makes me wonder how the fight would have gone with Kat if she hadn't bum rushed Ronda

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Checkmate19

She out for six months no matter what on the commission. Head injuries. It comes atomic with the sport. Do any of you guys on here really know anything about the sport. Six months is automatic with concussion. It will drop back with doctor reports scans etc. Sweet jesus the amount of bollix people spout without knowing anything about any sport.

Also for example George Hamilton when the first goal went in at home he said they will have to score two. And then someone told him different. Facts are easy to come by if you follow sport. I love sport all sport. Rhonda cant fight for six months unless the commission clears her.

Re match is a cert to much money. A CERT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

But how would a rematch go? either get the submission or get your face smashed in again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Holm via Submission
    She out for six months no matter what on the commission. Head injuries. It comes atomic with the sport. Do any of you guys on here really know anything about the sport. Six months is automatic with concussion. It will drop back with doctor reports scans etc. Sweet jesus the amount of bollix people spout without knowing anything about any sport.

Also for example George Hamilton when the first goal went in at home he said they will have to score two. And then someone told him different. Facts are easy to come by if you follow sport. I love sport all sport. Rhonda cant fight for six months unless the commission clears her.

She's not out for six months no matter what your talking ****e.

Holm via Submission

What the hell are you talking about?

It's just precautionary, like after every knock out.

From the press release

"180 days or cleared by negative head CT scan. 60 days no fight, 45 days no contact."

So realistically she is out for 2 months, no sparring for a month and a half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision

If she can be cleared to fight earlier, then it's not "no matter what".
    A doctor clears her, not the commission.
    Her name is Ronda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Rousey via Decision
    Mellor wrote: »
    If she can be cleared to fight earlier, then it's not "no matter what".
    A doctor clears her, not the commission.
    Her name is Ronda.

Where did Rhonda even start ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Rousey via Decision

Not being a grammar nazi but for someone who apparently knows so much about the sport... C'mon.:P

Did you make this video by any chance?

Holm via Submission
    Tigger wrote: »
    Where did Rhonda even start ?

No idea but's not limited to boards, she gets called it on every MMA board I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rousey via Submission
    Lukker- wrote: »
    No idea but's not limited to boards, she gets called it on every MMA board I read.

Holms too, where did the feckin "s" come from? Does my head in.

Rousey via Decision
    martyos121 wrote: »

I've been guilty of that even though I know her name. No idea why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision
    She borrow it from Larry Holmes

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. I had a few drinks in me. But anyone pointing that stuff out needs to get a life. Next time i post i will spell check everything etc. Sad cunnnnnts.

If you don't agree with the points i made is pointing out spelling mistakes the way forward. You sad cunnts. I won't post here again. Pathetic.

Spelling police our in force sad bastardddds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Rousey via Decision
    I've been guilty of that even though I know her name. No idea why.
    I think Holms is easier to pronounce than Holm.. why doesn't it sound like Colm? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Sorry for the spelling mistakes. I had a few drinks in me. But anyone pointing that stuff out needs to get a life. Next time i post i will spell check everything etc. Sad cunnnnnts.

Mod: Any more posts like that and you'll be banned.

Everyone else, don't slag people for spelling mistakes. It just makes you look like a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rousey via Decision

I think I've used 'Holm', Holmes' and Holms'.. WTF does it matter?

Rhonda, Ronda blah

Rousey via Submission
    I think I've used 'Holm', Holmes' and Holms'.. WTF does it matter?

Rhonda, Ronda blah

No idea why you're getting worked up over it, it wasn't even directed at you or anyone on this site. I just pointed out that seeing it spelled wrong hundreds of times across every MMA forum was a bit funny and how it annoyed me, this is probably the least place I've seen it happen actually. If I was a mod, I'd be more concerned by someone abusing people for a tongue-in-cheek post and then PM'ing them abuse as well. Sorry if you took offence to it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Holm via Submission
    That was a loss in really spectacular fashion which i think will be hard for Rousey to come to terms with. I think she could have taken more comfort with a loss from the ref stepping in after taking too many unanswered punches against the fence a little later if the KO kick didnt occur. But this really was a highlight reel life tilt KO and loss which will grate her and i dont even think in her mind winning a rematch will ever repair what happened.
    I dont think she will make peace with it until her fighting days are well gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Rousey via Decision
    Kinda like when Eamonn Dunphy insists on saying Jeff Hendricks when it's Jeff Hendrick :P I suppose since both Holm and Holmes are surnames, the ones with the S at the end are probably more common, causing the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

"[Ronda] apologized to me -- and I told her that you are still the best and we'll talk about what the plans are after she rests," Tarverdyan said. "Certainly the girl needs rest. It's not easy to deal with everything she has been dealing with. She needs time to rest, and after she rests we'll figure out what is best for her career." - Edmond Tarverdyan

That sticks in my craw that (if) she apologized to him!

Rousey via Decision
    No idea why you're getting worked up over it, it wasn't even directed at you or anyone on this site. I just pointed out that seeing it spelled wrong hundreds of times across every MMA forum was a bit funny and how it annoyed me, this is probably the least place I've seen it happen actually. If I was a mod, I'd be more concerned by someone abusing people for a tongue-in-cheek post and then PM'ing them abuse as well. Sorry if you took offence to it though.

Seriously I didn't get worked up.. As for taking offense, you think too much of yourself.

Rousey via Decision
    cloudatlas wrote: »

That sticks in my craw that (if) she apologized to him!

She probably feels she's let him down. I've often done the same after a loss, ie apologized to my coach/team.

Rousey via Submission
    Seriously I didn't get worked up.. As for taking offense, you think too much of yourself.

I would love to know how you arrived at that conclusion.

Ridiculously unfounded claim to make of someone. At least I'm civil in replying to you, not being condescending and rude.

If you didn't get worked up, why the snarky response?

Rousey via Decision
    I would love to know how you arrived at that conclusion.

Ridiculously unfounded claim to make of someone. At least I'm civil in replying to you, not being condescending and rude.

If you didn't get worked up, why the snarky response?

Oh give it over and stop feeling so precious about yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Thank gawwwdddddddddddd people have been discussing this and it has cleared up a lot of confusion for me.

I'm not dumb so I knew obviously that Rhonda & Ronda meant Rousey but the whole Holm/Holms thing really threw me....for a few days there I thought that gob****e Eamon Holmes had beat up Rousey!!

:rolleyes:

Seriously, is that what happens to event threads 4/5 after the event finishes there are discussions and fallings out over how names are spelt? lol

Rousey via Submission
    Oh give it over and stop feeling so precious about yourself.

Well being civil is getting nowhere I see.

What the hell is your problem? You've essentially posted the same thing twice, with absolutely no reasons to back it up. Get off your high horse and either explain your accusation or carry on acting like an obnoxious so-and-so. You started an argument over absolutely nothing and now that you've run out of things to say, you're repeating yourself. At least make some sort of worthwhile contribution, or are you too good for that?

As for me "feeling precious about [myself]", you're an awful judge of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 _Ace_

Holm via Submission
    califano wrote: »
    That was a loss in really spectacular fashion which i think will be hard for Rousey to come to terms with. I think she could have taken more comfort with a loss from the ref stepping in after taking too many unanswered punches against the fence a little later if the KO kick didnt occur. But this really was a highlight reel life tilt KO and loss which will grate her and i dont even think in her mind winning a rematch will ever repair what happened.
    I dont think she will make peace with it until her fighting days are well gone.

That's a beatdown that even winning a rematch wouldn't erase.

Kinda like Wanderlei / Rampage - yeah Rampage's left hook would have knocked out a horse, but Wanderlei was still the guy that left him hanging on the ropes with blood dripping everywhere in the most brutal KO of all time.

I wouldnt be surprised if Rousey went to the WWE

Rousey via Decision
    Well being civil is getting nowhere I see.

What the hell is your problem? You've essentially posted the same thing twice, with absolutely no reasons to back it up. Get off your high horse and either explain your accusation or carry on acting like an obnoxious so-and-so. You started an argument over absolutely nothing and now that you've run out of things to say, you're repeating yourself. At least make some sort of worthwhile contribution, or are you too good for that?

As for me "feeling precious about [myself]", you're an awful judge of character.

Seriously, I said an off the cuff remark to you. I don't even know who or what you are, I could care less either way.

You're rather thin skinned aren't you?.

Look, reply to me all you want but I won't be getting into a discussion with you from here on in.

Stop being so childish, thin skinned and short tempered.

All I said was I sometimes spell a name wrong myself and you're flying off the handle.

Anyway I'm too busy to bother with a stupid line of discussion with you.

'Tis my nap time before training, G'day.

I apologise for the rude response's. However if really annoys me people picking up on spelling. I type very quick so i don't really check my work. I don't think i should have to. I got an A2 in higher level english so i can spell but i don't need to justify myself to anyone on here. I just find it really petty to point spelling mistakes out but if that what you get your kicks from then continue to do so. I didn't check this so please run it through the spell check for me.

Rousey via Decision
    _Ace_ wrote: »

I wouldnt be surprised if Rousey went to the WWE

Please God no.. I've a lot of respect for Rousey, acting the clown in WWE would be the last straw for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

a58d63e8-73af-11e3-_499536b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 _Ace_

Holm via Submission
    Please God no.. I've a lot of respect for Rousey, acting the clown in WWE would be the last straw for me.

I doubt Uncle Dana would just let her go but I don't think she's hidden her want to explore that path.

Just can't get that beatdown out of my head - imagine what Cyborg would have done to her. Jesus.

Rousey via Decision
    _Ace_ wrote: »

Just can't get that beatdown out of my head - imagine what Cyborg would have done to her. Jesus.

I have no idea. Tbh I've zero respect for Cyborg, none what so ever.

I don't think anyone should fight her. I've no interest in a fight involving her regardless who the opposition is.

And like you I can't get that beat down out of my head either, she was cut to pieces from the off.

• Advertisement

Rousey via Submission
    Seriously, I said an off the cuff remark to you. I don't even know who or what you are, I could care less either way.

You're rather thin skinned aren't you?.

Look, reply to me all you want but I won't be getting into a discussion with you from here on in.

Stop being so childish, thin skinned and short tempered.

All I said was I sometimes spell a name wrong myself and you're flying off the handle.

Anyway I'm too busy to bother with a stupid line of discussion with you.

'Tis my nap time before training, G'day.

Got a nice little laugh out of that. You started it all, resorted to ridiculous character judgements, and you've absolute nothing worthwhile to add. Just more petty jibes and judgements.

I'm glad you won't be entering a line of discussion with me anymore. Good luck to you and your busy life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Are we sure Rousey isn't in this thread practicing her pre-fight banter?

Rousey via Decision
    Are we sure Rousey isn't in this thread practicing her pre-fight banter?

Must be a judo thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Rousey via Decision
    jesus saw the airport clip of her hiding in a pillow, what a bad loser!! you lost a fight, you're human, it happens all the time, get over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

froog wrote: »
    what a bad loser!!

She is a bad winner so I am not surprised she is a bad loser too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

froog wrote: »
    jesus saw the airport clip of her hiding in a pillow, what a bad loser!! you lost a fight, you're human, it happens all the time, get over it!

She was after receiving plastic surgery on her lip and no doubt her face is still pretty swollen and beat up, this is why she was hiding her face behind the pillow..how you tie that to being a bad loser I dont know..

• Advertisement

Rousey is a bully who got schooled. Simple really she will lose the re-match if her face can take one. Rousey has brought the money to women's mma fighting. So you have to be dedicated to it. Your either a fighter or your not. If your not training right your screwed. Take your eye of the ball your are goosed.

Re-match as i said will be different but unless Rousey gets a boxing coach in she is in for the same. At least it's interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

Holm via Submission
    I have no idea. Tbh I've zero respect for Cyborg, none what so ever.

I don't think anyone should fight her. I've no interest in a fight involving her regardless who the opposition is.

And like you I can't get that beat down out of my head either, she was cut to pieces from the off.

Whats the problem with cyborg? Is she a dodgy character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Holm via Submission
    Letree wrote: »
    Whats the problem with cyborg? Is she a dodgy character.

Failed a drug test before I'd mainly where the critisim comes from she's an absolute best though.

Rousey via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    Failed a drug test before I'd mainly where the critisim comes from she's an absolute best though.

It's a total cop out. If she makes weight and passes the testing regime nobody has s leg to stand on in regards to whether or not they fight her. If Rousey regains the belt and Cyborg makes weight and Rousey refuses to fight her she should be criticised.

Rousey via Submission
    It's a total cop out. If she makes weight and passes the testing regime nobody has s leg to stand on in regards to whether or not they fight her. If Rousey regains the belt and Cyborg makes weight and Rousey refuses to fight her she should be criticised.

I agree completely, but if Rousey gets the belt back and she doesn't want the Cyborg fight, there's plenty she can do to get out of it unfortunately. She doesn't mind if the fans lose, as long as she doesn't. I do think she'd take the fight personally, but it is avoidable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement