Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 193 - Rousey v Holm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Rousey via Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »

DNB but comfort eating it appears,sad to see her let herself go like that over a loss,come back Honda.
    I said thats shes doing nothing but eating to comfort herself after a loss which is sad to see considering the promo she cuts,whats your problem?

Seriously how do you know this?

You'd be better off subscribing to Heat Magazine or some other 'Celeb' rag with if those are the kind of comments you think have any place here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

John_D80 wrote: »

You'd be better off subscribing to Heat Magazine or some other 'Celeb' rag with if those are the kind of comments you think have any place here.

Are you serious? did the image not load for you? or are you hard of vision?

Rousey via Decision
    Are you serious? did the image not load for you? or are you hard of vision?

Image loaded just fine. Showed an athlete who is currently out of competition/training camp, in casual clothes going about their business.

How you figured she is comfort eating based on that one picture is quite staggering. And even more staggering is the fact that you considered it relevant to the thread to even bring it up at all.

Image loaded just fine. Showed an athlete who is currently out of competition/training camp, in casual clothes going about their business.

How you figured she is comfort eating based on that one picture is quite staggering. And even more staggering is the fact that you considered it relevant to the thread to even bring it up at all.

She looks about 180lb and in pathetic shape to me thats why I thought it was relevant to bring up,same way it would be brought up about any other fighter who balloons up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rousey via Submission
    DNB but comfort eating it appears,sad to see her let herself go like that over a loss,come back Honda.

What she does between fight camps, and even during fight camps, is none of your or our business. It's easy to say that about her behind an online persona. This type of post is just pathetic IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

http://i.imgur.com/ctJyTol.jpg

Jesus, I've seen some bad posts on this forum in the past, but Mr. TMZ up there takes top place. Wow.

Rousey via Decision
    She looks about 180lb and in pathetic shape to me thats why I thought it was relevant to bring up,same way it would be brought up about any other fighter who balloons up.

There is no way she looks anywhere near 180lbs in that picture. And even if she was, its irrelevant. In or out of camp, the woman is a phenomonal athlete.

Backtrack all you want man, but it was in extreme bad taste. IF (and its a big IF in my eyes) she has put on weight, did you consider that it may be a side effect of medication she is more than likely on for pain.

Even worse still you posted this in reference to Conor Mcgregors Nutritionist a few days ago:
    Who gives a **** what she does with her body lads drop it ffs.

Yet you think its appropriate to insinuate that an athlete is comfort-eating because she cant handle a loss.

Grow up.

There is no way she looks anywhere near 180lbs in that picture. And even if she was, its irrelevant. In or out of camp, the woman is a phenomonal athlete.

Backtrack all you want man, but it was in extreme bad taste. IF (and its a big IF in my eyes) she has put on weight, did you consider that it may be a side effect of medication she is more than likely on for pain.

Even worse still you posted this in reference to Conor Mcgregors Nutritionist a few days ago:

Yet you think its appropriate to insinuate that an athlete is comfort-eating because she cant handle a loss.

Grow up.

Backtrack how am I back tracking? :confused:

Firstly its not Conors nutritionist secondly it was about steroids not food fyi

I seen a pic of her out of shape and thought it was relevant in terms of how shes coping with the defeat to holly holm,if you dont like it dont post nobody asked your opinion on the picture or my post thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Rousey via Decision
    Yeah I'm sure she put on 30lbs in three weeks.

Must have eaten her crappy trainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rousey via Submission
    Backtrack how am I back tracking? :confused:

I seen a pic of her out of shape and thought it was relevant in terms of how shes coping with the defeat to holly holm,if you dont like it dont post nobody asked your opinion on the picture or my post thanks.

Do you know how a public online forum works?

I really don't think so.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Do you know how a public online forum works?

I really don't think so.

If I dont like a topic or post on boards of which there is millions that I dont like or agree with I simply keep on browsing,maybe some people should take a leaf out my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Less than 3 weeks since the fight + her time in hospital + getting her lip put back together + her teeth being so smashed/loosened that she claims she won't be able to eat an apple for another 3 months = I kinda doubt she is 180 lol

The picture is just a normal picture, taken of her in baggy clothes, unflattering lighting, no makeup, hair not styled.

Rousey via Decision

Whatever she is, pedantics aside, point still stands. You felt it appropriate to criticise other posters who were commenting on a persons physical appearance, but then felt it was okay for you criticise someone else for overeating (in your own totally 100% unfounded opinion) based on one picture.

How can you possibly know that Ronda Rousey is comfort eating, seriously?

I'm well aware nobody asked for my opinion. No more than they asked for yours. Public discussion forums arent based on requests for peoples opinions mate. Everyone, you and me included, offers their opinions. If you're not ok with your posts being responded to, then dont post in the first place and keep your opinions to yourself. Otherwise be prepared for people to respond.

Its how these things (forums) work.

Whatever she is, pedantics aside, point still stands. You felt it appropriate to criticise other posters who were commenting on a persons physical appearance, but then felt it was okay for you criticise someone else for overeating (in your own totally 100% unfounded opinion) based on one picture.

How can you possibly know that Ronda Rousey is comfort eating, seriously?

I'm well aware nobody asked for my opinion. No more than they asked for yours. Public discussion forums arent based on requests for peoples opinions mate. Everyone, you and me included, offers their opinions. If you're not ok with your posts being responded to, then dont post in the first place and keep your opinions to yourself. Otherwise be prepared for people to respond.

Its how these things (forums) work.

Oh How in the world could I possibly know she was comfort eating junk food let me have a wild guess other than the fact she looks in horrible condition and this chesnut

Then she lost to Holm and there was no plan. They just got into the truck and drove. Texas was freezing. The wind howled every night. She watched Browne hunt once. He didn't get anything. Another group of hunters gave them a deer they'd killed.

It was miserable.

"I kind of just slept a lot and ate fast food,"

published in espn.

Rousey via Decision
    Oh How in the world could I possibly know she was comfort eating junk food let me have a wild guess other than the fact she looks in horrible condition and this chesnut

Then she lost to Holm and there was no plan. They just got into the truck and drove. Texas was freezing. The wind howled every night. She watched Browne hunt once. He didn't get anything. Another group of hunters gave them a deer they'd killed.

It was miserable.

published in espn.

Wow so she ate some fast food!! Of course it means she must be comfort-eating! Because there is no way that an out of camp athlete would dare eat fast food or doing the normal things they enjoy out of competetion.

• Advertisement

Wow so she ate some fast food!! Of course it means she must be comfort-eating! Because there is no way that an out of camp athlete would dare eat fast food or doing the normal things they enjoy out of competetion.

You seem very annoyed on this topic,were you a ronda fanboy by any chance? your taking her loss very poorly hope you've not fallen off the wagon like her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Holm via Submission
    ITT
    hqdefault.jpg

Rousey via Decision
    You seem very annoyed on this topic,were you a ronda fanboy by any chance? your taking her loss very poorly hope you've not falled off the wagon like her.

Wouldn't go so far as to say annoyed.

But yes I most definitely did take issue with the fact that someone felt it appropriate to blindly and without any really reliable source, decide to comment on the weight of an out of competition athlete who has struggled with eating disorders in the past.

Not to mention calling one of the best female athletes in the world a DNB, all because of one unflattering photo.

In fairness though, I was (and still am) a Ronda fanboy, as you call it. That aside, even if I hated Ronda Rousey, I think your comments about her weight were disgusting and irrelevant and have no place in a sports forum.

Holm via Submission

But yes I most definitely did take issue with the fact that someone felt it appropriate to blindly and without any really reliable source, decide to comment on the weight of an out of competition athlete who has struggled with eating disorders in the past.

Not to mention calling one of the best female athletes in the world a DNB, all because of one unflattering photo.

In fairness though, I was (and still am) a Ronda fanboy, as you call it. That aside, even if I hated Ronda Rousey, I think your comments about her weight were disgusting and irrelevant and have no place in a sports forum.

'Tips Fedora'

Quick tip, Ronda wont see any of this just so you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Rousey via Decision
    You seem very annoyed on this topic,were you a ronda fanboy by any chance? your taking her loss very poorly hope you've not fallen off the wagon like her.

Wow strawman and ad hominem in one post...you could at least argue the point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

It was miserable.

published in espn.

I think she was going to eat fast food no matter she won or lost after the fight sure Joanna posted a pic of herself with a load of donuts. Baggy jeans, tshirt, hoody is not a representation of what shape she is in. She doesn't look fat in that picture at all, her face looks the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Rousey via Decision
    ITT
    internet_white_knight_colored_4350.jpg

LOL im out

vQ7RYW.gif

Rousey via Decision
    cletus wrote: »
    Wow strawman and ad hominem in one post...you could at least argue the point

Dont use big words. You'll just confuse him. :-)

Holm via Submission
    Dont use big words. You'll just confuse him. :-)

do you know what ad hominem means? cause thats exactly what you just did

Rousey via Decision
    LOL im out

vQ7RYW.gif

An interesting point, well made and articulated. Touché Sir. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Rousey via Decision
    Thread should be closed as the fight is over and this is utter nonsense

Rousey via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    do you know what ad hominem means? cause thats exactly what you just did

Yes I do know perfectly well. I said not to be confusing him!!

*Irony really is wasted on some people* :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Holm via Submission
    Thread should be closed as the fight is over and this is utter nonsense

I like how relevance/wit can be replaced with random Pics/Gifs

{inset picture of a cat doing something}

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    I like how relevance/wit can be replaced with random Pics/Gifs

{inset picture of a cat doing something}

aldo-blankstare.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rousey via Decision
    Quick tip, Ronda wont see any of this just so you know

She won't, but other people dealing with weight problems will.

Gamebred, just so you know (since you're obviously ignorant of weight cuts). Rousey weights 135lbs for maybe a few hours on maybe three days of the year.. As anyone on this forum who competes will tell you.

I compete at Judo at +100kg so I can afford the odd cream cake :D

Your poking fun at her weight is ignorant, and very rude.

'Comfort eating', and what do you know about losing to anyone?.. Have you ever put it all on the night whether is a mat, ring or cage and either won or lost?. I doubt it, because you wouldn't be here poking fun at someone who has done.

Gamebred, just so you know (since you're obviously ignorant of weight cuts). Rousey weights 135lbs for maybe a few hours on maybe three days of the year.. As anyone on this forum who competes will tell you.

I compete at Judo at +100kg so I can afford the odd cream cake :D

Your poking fun at her weight is ignorant, and very rude.

'Comfort eating', and what do you know about losing to anyone?.. Have you ever put it all on the night whether is a mat, ring or cage and either won or lost?. I doubt it, because you wouldn't be here poking fun at someone who has done.

I have competed many many times in jiu jitsu and amatuer boxing my last competetion was only in october where I lost in the 2nd rd of Irish Open,I didnt go home and stuff my face with fast food,I was not poking fun at her fwiw,If I chose to poke fun I'd of done so,I wanted to share a picture of her for other who mightnt see it and let them see how shes dealing with the biggest upset in mma in years,badly imo,If you think differently I couldnt care tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Rousey via Decision
    I have competed many many times in jiu jitsu and amatuer boxing my last competetion was only in october where I lost in the 2nd rd of Irish Open,I didnt go home and stuff my face with fast food,I was not poking fun at her fwiw,If I chose to poke fun I'd of done so,I wanted to share a picture of her for other who mightnt see it and let them see how shes dealing with the biggest upset in mma in years,badly imo,If you think differently I couldnt care tbh.

I don't believe a word you've posted there, not a single bit of it.

You know you've made a fool of yourself & you're trying to save face, but only digging yourself a bigger hole.

I'm done giving you any more of my time, goodnight.

I don't believe a word you've posted there, not a single bit of it.

You know you've made a fool of yourself & you're trying to save face, but only digging yourself a bigger hole.

I'm done giving you any more of my time, goodnight.

How much would you be willing to bet? I will post evidence wager goes to charity come on put your money where your mouth is big boy

Holm via Submission

I was morbidly obese in school and i had big problems with anorexia becouse of it and i took no offense to someone pointing out that ronda has let herself go, however i do take offense to your statement that anyone with weight problems would be offended by it...take your head out of your arse

I was morbidly obese in school and i had big problems with anorexia becouse of it and i took no offense to someone pointing out that ronda has let herself go, however i do take offense to your statement that anyone with weight problems would be offended by it...take your head out of your arse

Pc world gone mad as usual,Lets see if he wants to his money where his mouth is on whose telling the truth about competing and dealing with a loss,a charity of my choice will be only delighted of the funds at Christmas time.

It's great that you can speak for everybody :rolleyes:

Find me one person to come on here and tell me how me posting a picture of ronda overweight after a whooping feeling sorry for herself and how it effects them and Ill show you a unicorn get a grip.

• Advertisement

Holm via Submission

so because someone has weight problems there going to burst into tears cause someone posts a picture of ronda after putting up weight? and you cant see how a statement like that is offensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Rousey via Decision

well she actually said it in the espn interview.

Holm via Submission
    froog wrote: »

shes an arsehole anyway she deserves everything she gets

Rousey via Decision

Wait what?

In the ESPN interview, she says she spent a few days in Texas with her boyfriend after a fight. Where she mostly slept and ate fast food. How does this translate as comfort eating?

She says earlier in the same interview something along the lines of how if she had won she planned on eating a bucket of wings and drinking a load of beer.

Would that also have been classified as comfort eating?

Some lads must have very little to concern themselves with if they are worried about what fighters eat in the few weeks after a fight in their own downtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision
    How much would you be willing to bet? I will post evidence wager goes to charity come on put your money where your mouth is big boy

I like gambling. I like food. Can I play?
    What are we eating?

Mellor wrote: »
    I like gambling. I like food. Can I play?
    What are we eating?

I'll put down 4 figures if you want to take the bet,the chosen charity will be temple street childrens hospital,Ill even post a video of me losing in competetion if you want to make it 5 figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Rousey via Decision
    Wait what?

In the ESPN interview, she says she spent a few days in Texas with her boyfriend after a fight. Where she mostly slept and ate fast food. How does this translate as comfort eating?

She says earlier in the same interview something along the lines of how if she had won she planned on eating a bucket of wings and drinking a load of beer.

Would that also have been classified as comfort eating?

Some lads must have very little to concern themselves with if they are worried about what fighters eat in the few weeks after a fight in their own downtime.

come on man, she ate nothing but fast food for days after the fight and she put on a lot of weight. looks like comfort eating to me.

why are you so defensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Rousey via Decision
    I'll put down 4 figures if you want to take the bet,the chosen charity will be temple street childrens hospital,Ill even post a video of me losing in competetion if you want to make it 5 figures.

What's the bet?
    And how do we know its you?

Rousey via Decision
    come on man, she ate nothing but fast food for days after the fight and she put on a lot of weight. looks like comfort eating to me.

why are you so defensive?

Lol defensive? Mate I'm just putting forward my opinion like everyone else here.

She ate fast food after a fight for a few days? Like plenty other fighters do, whether they win or lose. SO what?

Seriously, read what you just posted and think about it. She is a professional fighter. She reaches her fight weight (135lbs) three times a year at best. 24hrs after weighing for a fight in she has already put on about 10lbs easily. In between fights she probably puts on another 10-15lbs.

Putting on weight like that is NORMAL for her. Nothing at all to do with comfort eating because of a loss. Just because she doesn't live 100% clean outside of camp (like any other human being) doesn't qualify as comfort eating.

People need to remember as well that she is also recovering from an injury at the moment, probably on a lot of strong pain meds and serving out a medical suspension which effectively bars her from training at all even if she wanted to be in the gym right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rousey via Decision
    Nice touch from Ronda to keep her promise and attend the Marine Corps Ball:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/12/entertainment/ronda-rousey-marine-corps-ball-feat/index.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement