Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Quay At Clarecastle

• 09-11-2015 3:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

I often go down here many a night just spent with friends gazing out across the river while chatting. But i cant help but wonder could more be done to such a beautiful area. See has to be admitted that Clarecastle is as much a part of Ennis now than ever. what feels like a 2 minute drive from the town to the quay. Theres not a lot to do in Ennis in terms of places to park up and relax The town is too obstructed by high walls. So this is the next best part to be a place to go within Ennis. Plenty of parking there but theres a section down at the far end. restricted by gates and only accessible by foot. i cant help but wonder could work be done there to make it so much better than it is. like a few parking spots, a railing surrounding the edge with lighting and parking spots. A bit like the river walk at Killaloe is kinda the vision id have in mind

1491604_641216469358206_5347079999465027940_n.jpg?oh=1105884df2ab5b3c2cdf08c995124504&oe=56BBCF3F

Who would be in control to do up the area. Could the council do it under the regeneration schemes or whatever. or would it have to be privately redeveloped

Comments

Advertisement