Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivers not slowing past large puddles when safe to do so

Options
  • 09-11-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So, why do many and I say many because it appears most vehicles that pass me when I'm walking in the rain do not make any attempt to slow or avoid soaking me and daughter. I have lived in Asia for 10+ years, some of the worst drivers and conditions where i was that you might come to know and even there the drivers slow down to avoid soaking pedestrians unless it's dangerous to do so.

Sometimes It's accidental, I have done it myself when driving, however in all cases that I am talking about here, the driver had no other vehicles behind, no vehicles on the opposite side of the road and still speed past us through large puddles soaking me and my daughter.

Just today it happened 6 times on the walk to school, all cases were avoidable by the drivers. I have been driving for 10+ years in monsoon rains, I have only accidentally soaked a pedestrian twice in all that time.

Thoughtless and selfish they are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ACRDark

I have ordered two cameras that fit on the back and front of my jacket. Any thoughtless and selfish drivers of the midlands area better watch out as they will be finding themselves on a website that I have built especially to showcase arrogant and selfish drivers, the videos will be on youtube also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ACRDark

Quote "Drivers can be prosecuted under the 1988 Road Traffic Act in a section which covers selfish or aggressive behaviour on the road"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

ACRDark wrote: »
    I have ordered two cameras that fit on the back and front of my jacket. Any thoughtless and selfish drivers of the midlands area better watch out

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Is this a wind up.?

If not, you need to find something better to do with your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Uriel. wrote: »
    Is this a wind up.?

If not, you need to find something better to do with your life.

I just recorded a video of your post with a geansaí-mounted camera and I shall be informing the relevant authorities, so you better watch out.

Good day to you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Hahaha.
    You'll be like that CycleDub fella on YouTube. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Kepler 186f

The height of selfishness and ignorance is my opinion which is based on being a walker and a driver. Most of these instances are avoidable and it always baffles me how most drivers don't have the forsight to safely avoid such occurrences

Advertisement