Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 194 Hotel/Flights/Bars/Comps/Currency

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Travelling with Aer Lingus on Wednesday. Does anyone know if there is a socket on board? Be nice to be able to kill some time on my laptop and charge my phone which definitely won't last 12 hrs

Nearly sure there's not. United and delta definitely have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Whelo79 wrote: »
    £1 = $1.51 on Revolut. The difference is amazing really! People getting ripped off for years!

My stopover in Chicago I think is only about 1 hour and the airport is absolutely huge from what I remember. So the last thing I want to do is be messing about trying to use card for 1st time if I want to grab a quick drink or something. Defintely be using the revolt card for most of the trip though but always think its a good idea to have some cash in hand for arriving in another country

When you transfer money onto it is it pretty much instant?
    Travelling with Aer Lingus on Wednesday. Does anyone know if there is a socket on board? Be nice to be able to kill some time on my laptop and charge my phone which definitely won't last 12 hrs
    shanec1928 wrote: »

My phone battery isn't great either but I got a new 1 off ebay for £5 so I'll have 2 fully charged. Might be a bit late but you could maybe get 1 delivered in time if you're stuck.
    Happy to hear about united, I'll be able to charge my ipod which is great because it'll be pretty much in use during all of my travel for music or maybe a few podcasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Couple of those little back up battery us connections might be a handy way to spend 20 eu to tide you over for the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭14murphy

Think im on the same flight as you ? Are you heading to NYC first then onto LV. Heard there is no entertainment system on the aer lingus flight .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

14murphy wrote: »
    Think im on the same flight as you ? Are you heading to NYC first then onto LV. Heard there is no entertainment system on the aer lingus flight .

No I'm Vegas via San Fran:) According to the website all seats have tv screens:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

shanec1928 wrote: »

Sure about delta? flying out tuesday & battery on on s6 edge is ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

jvrk wrote: »
    Sure about delta? flying out tuesday & battery on on s6 edge is ****e.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

What are the check-in times in Shannon for USA flights, is is 2 hours before?

Also I have a ticketmaster print out with barcode for the fight, is there anyway I can exchange for the hardback ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Is the afterparty worth going to in the Foxtail? I see you can get presale tickets atm for 30 dollars. Was anyone at the after party for 189?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Swarlez wrote: »
    Is the afterparty worth going to in the Foxtail? I see you can get presale tickets atm for 30 dollars. Was anyone at the after party for 189?

Haha, female tickets $10 cheaper! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

maximoose wrote: »

Yeah had to laugh at that, is that even legal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

maximoose wrote: »

Its the same with every other nightclub there. Dont agree with it either, but it makes complete sense from a business perspective.

Swarlez, I'd imagine it is given that they all seem to be doing it, but it's 100% price discrimination. This pricing structure wouldn't last long in Ireland, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Aer Lingus planes have 1 socket between 2 seats in economy

Google "aer lingus inflight" and you will see all the onboard features and what movies will be available

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

Swarlez wrote: »

Myself and a few mates went to the one after 189, pretty cool place with the obligatory women in bikinis dancing in birdcages!!

McGregors family and friends Sinead O Connor, Gunnar etc were sat at a table with loads of people surrounding it waiting for Conor to appear, which he did and stayed at the club for a good hour while plenty tried to jostle their way near his table for photos. Drinks weren't the cheapest though as I found out the next morning :eek: !!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Flying BA Thursday morning 10.40. Arrive in Vegas just after 6pm local staying 5 nights in MGM.
    Will try find a decent bar to watch Paige, anyone know of any showing?

Friday morning going weigh ins and will possibly join the first 2-3 pubs of the 12 pubs to see what its like, or just show up in the first and stay there for a bit, off to the TUF finale then.

Sat is the Main Event!

Sunday Monday enjoy the general degeneracy Vegas has to offer, prob playing most in Planet Holywood. Possibly do some off road buggies and visit a gun range.

Just 2 and a half days left in work, cant come quick enough!

i'll have a spare barcode (for 2) for the 194 weigh ins if anyone needs early access with the fightclubbers.
    I'll have my +1 too but i'll be queuing up fairly early and wont be waiting around for anyone ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

i'll have a spare barcode (for 2) for the 194 weigh ins if anyone needs early access with the fightclubbers.
    I'll have my +1 too but i'll be queuing up fairly early and wont be waiting around for anyone ;-)

What time do doors open for fightclubers?

What time do doors open for fightclubers?

midday, 30 mins earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Flying BA Thursday morning 10.40. Arrive in Vegas just after 6pm local staying 5 nights in MGM.
    Will try find a decent bar to watch Paige, anyone know of any showing?

Most bars on the strip will.

Ive watched a few UFC event in the Nine fine Irishmen located in New York new work hotel.

Its a great spot with great food and they often have promotions and happy hour to save a few dollars.

Geeby you're a star, thanks man! Thats a whole lotta good karma and beer you deserve for that :D

To everyone else - I'm on my own so let me know if you can use the +1 for the weigh ins. I imagine there will be mass insantity & utter confusion on the morning of the weigh ins but maybe through e-mail,whatsapp or FB could organise something. If not I'll offer it to someone loitering about the MGM(only if they have a tricolour lol). I'm going to be going down early, prob at least hour before doors open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

davmol wrote: »
    Most bars on the strip will.

Ive watched a few UFC event in the Nine fine Irishmen located in New York new work hotel.

Its a great spot with great food and they often have promotions and happy hour to save a few dollars.

Have you ever watched a fight pass events there? I presume that’ll limit the number of bars that will be able to show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

What are the check-in times in Shannon for USA flights, is is 2 hours before?

Also I have a ticketmaster print out with barcode for the fight, is there anyway I can exchange for the hardback ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jvrk

Always taught it was 3 hrs for usa. Thats what etravel told me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭johnpro

Flying BA Thursday morning 10.40. Arrive in Vegas just after 6pm localh!

I'm flying BA also tomorrow morning but do I do the pre-clearance here or in Vegas....first time going via London so not sure how it works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

johnpro wrote: »
    I'm flying BA also tomorrow morning but do I do the pre-clearance here or in Vegas....first time going via London so not sure how it works?

AFAIK you can't pre clear if your going via the UK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Fight club members, do we need to get to the weigh ins before half 12 for early entry? And wait for 2 and a half hours with Holly Holm for the weigh-ins? Boourns.

Also, flying out at 11:30 am from Dublin, when should I get to the airport? I hate waiting around and have never been anything other than far too early for previous flights.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Just been ****ed over with tickets.A long shot but if anyone knows anyone selling 4 tickets please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Dont forget to grab one of these commentary radios at the merch stall, I remember them being at UFC 93 in Dublin but didnt see them at 2 other events I attended in later years....in July you had to ask for them at the merch stands as they didn't seem to be advertised, best $20 you'll spend + they'll work at future events, thus my needing new batteries there for mine

12348524_10153457794488962_1849020907_n.jpg?oh=045dc439fe4f65c8ff070e78a0dffc7d&oe=566858F9&__gda__=1449681896_157b50bab1e33d4e86a060eba1ead2d0

What is pre clear at the airport just out of interest? Is it like that esta thing?

pulse - is it a speaker or can I see a mini jack output for headphones there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

Pre-clearance is when you talk to the border patrol officer in Dublin instead of when you land in the US, they quiz you about your trip to make sure you're not planning on working over there etc

Yeah it comes with in ear buds, I always hate viewing fights without the commentary cos Im so used to it, these are perfect to round off the whole experience

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Pre-clearance is when you talk to the border patrol officer in Dublin instead of when you land in the US, they quiz you about your trip to make sure you're not planning on working over there etc

Yeah it comes with in ear buds, I always hate viewing fights without the commentary cos Im so used to it, these are perfect to round off the whole experience

Sounds like good way to save time. Pity its not done in UK then by sounds of it :( Having UFC ticket & hotel info printed out should hopefully save time, just show them the details.

I'll probably get the commentary pack but try to remember to take my own earbuds to use(I'm fussy lol). Good way to know when to start running back to your seat if you've been out for a piss too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LordDonkey

I'm looking for one ticket for this event ,if anyone has one for sale can you PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I'm flying from Ireland into London Heathrow (terminal 2) and my flight to Vegas is in Terminal 3.

What's the process here? Is it handy to get to a different terminal? Do you have to go through security again or check bags in again?

All my flights are on the one itinerary with the travel agent. I've got 2hrs 40 between arrival + departure.

I'm flying from Ireland into London Heathrow (terminal 2) and my flight to Vegas is in Terminal 3.

What's the process here? Is it handy to get to a different terminal? Do you have to go through security again or check bags in again?

All my flights are on the one itinerary with the travel agent. I've got 2hrs 40 between arrival + departure.

Heathrow is really well sign posted and there are different colour codes to help with different terminals. There is a bus that will take you between each terminal. I'm not entirely certain about checked bags but I think(or hope as Im in same situation) because its all on the single itinerary that once you check them in you'll not see them again until you get to Vegas. As far as I remember you have to go through passport control between terminals but not security because you're always within the confines of the airport.

Obviously though, as soon as you arrive in Heathrow try to get to the next terminal asap incase there are delays/queues anywhere along the line. There are loads of shops/duty free,etc in each terminal.

Devastator wrote: »
    Heathrow is really well sign posted and there are different colour codes to help with different terminals. There is a bus that will take you between each terminal. I'm not entirely certain about checked bags but I think(or hope as Im in same situation) because its all on the single itinerary that once you check them in you'll not see them again until you get to Vegas. As far as I remember you have to go through passport control between terminals but not security because you're always within the confines of the airport.

Obviously though, as soon as you arrive in Heathrow try to get to the next terminal asap incase there are delays/queues anywhere along the line. There are loads of shops/duty free,etc in each terminal.

Cheers bud! Will make the dash as soon as we get off the plane in Terminal 2. Can chill out then once we've done all the bureaucratic stuff!

• Advertisement

Cheers bud! Will make the dash as soon as we get off the plane in Terminal 2. Can chill out then once we've done all the bureaucratic stuff!

Sorry didn't mean to scare you but theres no mad need to dash or rush. What I meant is just not to waste time by sitting down for coffee, going for smoke(I'm not sure if Heathrow has smoking areas) or browsing around shops as once you've got to your departure terminal you'll have time for any of that.

I've not been able to checkin yet for my flight out of heathrow but it looks like I arrive into & depart from T2 which is lucky because I've only 1 hour between flights :D Looks like I do have to change terminals in Chicago though :( which is(or at least used to be) the busiest airport in the world....woohooo :rolleyes::D

Devastator wrote: »
    Sorry didn't mean to scare you but theres no mad need to dash or rush. What I meant is just not to waste time by sitting down for coffee, going for smoke(I'm not sure if Heathrow has smoking areas) or browsing around shops as once you've got to your departure terminal you'll have time for any of that.

I've not been able to checkin yet for my flight out of heathrow but it looks like I arrive into & depart from T2 which is lucky because I've only 1 hour between flights :D Looks like I do have to change terminals in Chicago though :( which is(or at least used to be) the busiest airport in the world....woohooo :rolleyes::D

I got delayed in Chicago 5 months ago for 189.... was a 2.5 hour wait but turned into 6. It has a lot of connections. But thankfully bumped into CM Punk for a chat while we were waiting :D

Uber today got the green light to bring passengers to and from McCarran Airport in Vegas and to celebrate they've dropped all prices by 30% across the state

I know this may not suit everyone travelling over due to excessive data rates if you're using your Irish sim but if you are using a prepaid US sim and can use data it's a big deal as they are now far cheaper than the extortionate rates the taxis charge

DK224 wrote: »
    Uber today got the green light to bring passengers to and from McCarran Airport in Vegas and to celebrate they've dropped all prices by 30% across the state

I know this may not suit everyone travelling over due to excessive data rates if you're using your Irish sim but if you are using a prepaid US sim and can use data it's a big deal as they are now far cheaper than the extortionate rates the taxis charge

How much approx is a taxi from the airport to MGM? Was showing as 12.50 on the farefinder i found

How much approx is a taxi from the airport to MGM? Was showing as 12.50 on the farefinder i found
    About $20 after tip, make sure you let them know "via Swenson" or you could be long-hauled by an unscrupulous cabbie via the tunnel!

• Advertisement

Or

(its been mentioned before) theres a return shuttle(mini bus) service through expedia for less than £10

When I was there last 5 of us got in a brand new cadillac escalade and it was about 10 dollars each. Dont worry about it at all, you can haggle them right down and they will have no trouble putting more people in an SUV than is supposed to fit if you want to share with another group.

Actually if you pre book a limo that will probably be even cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Looking forward to hearing how lads going get on with the owl tip at reception for an upgrade I'd be surprised if it works for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Gamebred wrote: »
    Looking forward to hearing how lads going get on with the owl tip at reception for an upgrade I'd be surprised if it works for anyone.

I’ll be impressed if anyone gets an upgrade in the MGM. It’s now totally sold out for Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I’ll be impressed if anyone gets an upgrade in the MGM. It’s now totally sold out for Friday.

MGM has the worst success rate in Vegas IIRC, but it definitely works for others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

I'm staying in the Signature in the MGM in April, there's me and two others in the room. Going to slap a 50 down between us and try it and see **** it first time in Vegas.

Lads Im having probs with the revolt card. Ive been trying a test topup just to check the process but cant complete it.
    I have the online secure password through my bank, when I get asked for 3 certain characters for my online password the app will not enter them while the keyboard is open on phone!

Is there any other way to topup apart from the app or someway to get around this on app?

I've had the app and card for a few weeks and have had no issues and plan to use it in Vegas for pretty much everything. Maybe you could try to topup via your pc/laptop by downloading the Bluestacks app and doing it from that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paully D wrote: »
    MGM has the worst success rate in Vegas IIRC, but it definitely works for others.

I think there's a much higher rate of people believing they got an upgrade rather than getting an actual upgrade.

DK224 wrote: »
    I've had the app and card for a few weeks and have had no issues and plan to use it in Vegas for pretty much everything. Maybe you could try to topup via your pc/laptop by downloading the Bluestacks app and doing it from that?

I'll see if I get a chance in the morning if all else fails. I tried again later & it currently says pending after 1/2 hour so see how it is when I wake up. Alarm is set for 4 hours....Vegas here I come. Good luck all & save traveling over. Lets have a big party and take over Vegas!!!! :D

Everyone else staying here, enjoy it lads and have a big street party when Conor wins!!

World takeover

• Advertisement
Advertisement