Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUTOMATIC GATE OPTIONS

Options
  • 09-11-2015 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

So ive finally got around to pricing up new entrance gates and to automate them.The opening is 4.7 metres wide and 1.4 metres high .My first quote i got for hardwood gates is €3200 + vat.thats just supply and fit gates no automation.If i want them in iroko which i do its another 20% to add.that works out at €4358 for wooden gates only.have to say im surprised they are that dear.can i ask more experienced people here are metal gates dearer than solid hardwood with the same dimensions?.i know there are lots of different styles etc which can affect the price but just as a general guide which is dearer?i have a wooden fence and wooden post so its hard to go with anything other than wood as it might look out of place with metal.i was hoping to get away with automating and gates for around 3000-3500 all in.Am i way off the mark here?.Also with wooden gates is it better to use overground rams or underground kit?.there is a very slight slope into the driveway and its just a stone driveway so good drainage.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

wow, I paid 1200 for steel gates, good quality steel from a renowed maker of gates!!! Insane price that.

Advertisement