Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEST - technical details and suitability

Options
  • 09-11-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

I spoke to three different this morning in relation to Nest and no one was able to answer my questions.

Specifically:
    • I have 4 heading zones and a digital programmer.  I only want Nest for zone 1.  How will this work?? i.e. do I set 'Zone 1' on my existing programmer to always 'on' or 'off'? Do I continue to use zones 2-4 as normal? 
    • My boiler is in the attic - will it be able to communicate with the the thermostat on the ground floor in a modern, insulated A3 rated house with internal fir doors?
    • Can an installer come out to assess suitability?
    • Can someone with technical knowledge explain how it works to me before I sign up?
    [*]

Most frustratingly I cannot sign up online as my MPRN number is unknown - no one on the phone can tell me why but I do not want to have to go through the ordering process on the phone as it is painful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi timmythesheep,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Just to clarify with you first: is it Home Services (1850 30 50 85 or 1850 372 333) whom you telephoned?

Thanks,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭timmythesheep

Hi timmythesheep,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Just to clarify with you first: is it Home Services (1850 30 50 85 or 1850 372 333) whom you telephoned?

Thanks,
    Una

________
    Hi, 

I called both numbers, but on the Home Services number, no matter what option I picked I couldn't get to speak to a person. Just recorded message after recorded message. It was only 9.38am...maybe too early? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again timmythesheep,

If you private message us your telephone number, we will organise a call to you ASAP if you like?

Una

________

Advertisement