Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84x question

Options
  • 09-11-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone got the 84x from greystones to town, in the last week or so?

The traffic has been crazy just wondering if I'd be better off getting the bus rather than driving in.
    I usually drive to Stillorgan and get the luas.

I've to be in town for 8.30ish.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

The first 84X hits Stephen's Green at about 7:45ish (7:50 today).

The next one (departs Kilcoole at 7am) gets to the Green for about 8:20, but can be later if the weather is poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Thanks Eponymouse

Today for example, what time did you get into town at please.

7:50!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Eponymous wrote: »
    7:50!

Thanks, I was wondering about the the next bus, I should have made that clearer, sorry about that.
    Every spare minute in bed counts..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I get it from Blacklion everyday. If you need to be in town for 8.30 then you should be on the one at 7.10 or 7.20

• Advertisement

Only seeing this today, sorry!

I don't get the second one that often, last time I did (one day last week) it was 8:20 when it got onto SSG. Stop is on Dawson Street now, opposite the Mansion House.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I get the 7:10 from Kilcoole sometimes but the last couple of times it's been getting to Pearse st at 8:50 :/

I used to get the 84X all the time when I was in college, and it was only ever when I'd get the last morning bus (7:50 from Kilcoole) that there'd be a bit of traffic along the Southern Cross from say, before Woodies to the Hills Garage roundabout. But now it's happening when I get the 7:10 bus! Are more people driving in the last 3 years or wha??

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

there has been a massive difference in the commute time of the 84X this year vs last. this year the 7:10 and 7:20 (time of dept from Charlesland) are full by the time they get to the southern cross road in bray, vs maybe half full last year. the advantage to this is they now seem to just drive non-stop into town as theres no room for anyone else to get on. there also seems to be many many more people crowded at bus stops all along the route who are unable to get on very full buses (ive noticed a lot of dublin bus officials doing surveys in the last couple of weeks aswell so maybe its a known problem). i also do think theres more traffic on the roads during term time than ever - its fine in the christmas / summer holidays and over mid-term.

if i had to be in town for half 8 id be getting the 84X from charlesland at 6:50 which is likely the 7:10 from blacklion, just to be sure. a bus at 7:20 from blacklion could be cutting it very fine esp if theres any kind of traffic hold up along the M11. id rather have time to get a coffee in town than be running to the office :)

Advertisement