Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer a customer. Still being billed. Unable to get through on 1901

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Absolute cowboys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭xband

Wow!

I'm actually shocked at the way this has been handled on this thread.

I'd say it's probably cost you quite a few potential customers. It would certainly make me think twice about dealing with you.

Do you even reuse those modems !!?? I've never heard of anyone getting a refurbished or used modem from any ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

stezie wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »

- Your response to this was as follows

"Its my print server now. Or, seeing as I fulfilled my contract commitment, eircom can buy it back."

eir will continue to seek this payment for their modem and as I also previously advised should you wish to contest eirs terms and conditions you are welcome to contact the relevant trading standard or authority. I have noted this correspondence to your account.

Thanks
    Al
    In fact Al my  response is as below. Please don't chop and choose the text to suit yourself elimating the text you don't want to read.

"That's not the terms and conditions I signed. I honoured my contract term and that contract States its a free modem on the basis " free modem only applies to customers who fulfill their minimum contract commitment ""
    Hi Stezie

The terms and conditions you have attached are not that of eFibre - I must highlight that I am not trying to be difficult here but ultimately I must advise on the procedures in place - in this case that the modem is required for return as per terms and conditions which I had previously advised  back in November and if not the eir will seek the charge of the modem. I had also advised you on this over a call stezie.

I do want to be able to help though - If you send the modem back to eir at the following address the charge will be cleared

Free post
    eir logistics
    Cragg avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

eir: Alan wrote:
    The terms and conditions you have attached are not that of eFibre - I must highlight that I am not trying to be difficult here but ultimately I must advise on the procedures in place - in this case that the modem is required for return as per terms and conditions which I had previously advised back in November and if not the eir will seek the charge of the modem. I had also advised you on this over a call stezie.
    eir: Alan wrote:
    I do want to be able to help though - If you send the modem back to eir at the following address the charge will be cleared

More terribleness.. Ignore Al, I think this needs to be escalated above him. He doesn't understand resolutions.

Return an old modem.. Lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

Hi Stezie

The terms and conditions you have attached are not that of eFibre - I must highlight that I am not trying to be difficult here but ultimately I must advise on the procedures in place - in this case that the modem is required for return as per terms and conditions which I had previously advised  back in November and if not the eir will seek the charge of the modem. I had also advised you on this over a call stezie.

Free post
    eir logistics
    Cragg avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

Thanks
    Al

Look at the attached documents again please.

This is the original terms and conditions I signed to obtain efiber. I did not have any other Eircom connection before that.

If you cannot understand the t&c please pass this to your manager to resolve.

I'm sure I am not the only one bullied like this by your company and I'm sure some one will need to look into the larger picture for some clarity.

• Advertisement

Hi Stezie

Free post
    eir logistics
    Cragg avenue
    Clondalkin
    Dublin 22

Thanks
    Al

Look at the attached documents again please.

This is the original terms and conditions I signed to obtain efiber. I did not have any other Eircom connection before that.

If you cannot understand the t&c please pass this to your manager to resolve.

I'm sure I am not the only one bullied like this by your company and I'm sure some one will need to look into the larger picture for some clarity.
    I'm sorry you feel this way stezie - there is no intention to make you feel bullied.

I fully understand your perspective here and I do wish I could be of more assistance however the terms and conditions in relation to eFibre have been made clear online. In the documents you attached the free modem only applies to non eFibre broadband customers.

I will be unable to waive the terms and conditions in any case stezie. Should you wish to object to the applicable terms and conditions for efibre please feel free to log a complaint with comreg who can be contacted on 018049600 or 1890229668.

Thank you

Al

In the documents you attached the free modem only applies to non eFibre broadband customers.

Thank you

Al

That's ridiculous. How can you say that? It clearly shows eFiber written all over it.

How the hell would I be connected to eFiber in 2013 as a new customer if that contract I signed is not for eFiber??

The sales person specifically showed me the terms and conditions for eFiber and got me to sign for them...

I fully honored my contractual obligations and now you have invoiced me for an item that I fully paid for. This is all 4 months after I left Eircom . Punishment for moving to an alternative provider is it?

This is clearly an item for comreg to investigate.I'm sure I'm not the only person you treated like this.

And I will be looking for compensation for my time wasted on all of this. You can add this to my "record" as well...

Just to help the OP. Here's a zoom on the relevant part of the document he attached (rotated to the correct orientation).

Perhaps you are having some problems with your screens or need eirGlasses.

Just to help the OP. Here's a zoom on the relevant part of the document he attached (rotated to the correct orientation).

Perhaps you are having some problems with your screens or need eirGlasses.

374724.jpeg

In the documents you attached the free modem only applies to non eFibre broadband customers.

Thank you

Al

That's ridiculous. How can you say that? It clearly shows eFiber written all over it.

How the hell would I be connected to eFiber in 2013 as a new customer if that contract I signed is not for eFiber??

The sales person specifically showed me the terms and conditions for eFiber and got me to sign for them...

I fully honored my contractual obligations and now you have invoiced me for an item that I fully paid for.  This is all 4 months after I left Eircom . Punishment for moving to an alternative provider is it?

This is clearly an item for comreg to investigate.I'm sure I'm not the only person you treated like this.

And I will be looking for compensation for my time wasted on all of this. You can add this to my "record" as well...
    I do see what you mean stezie and I understand your point of view

However, Next generation broadband is also detailed on this and it's not spcifically applicable to fibre - you will see that the sheet of paper you attached also shows a 12 month contract for pstn and broadband - this is not in relation to efibre either as that's a 18 month contract.

I'm sorry but in order for us to remove this charge we will need you to return the modem to the free post address I have previously advised and if you have further objections you are within your rights to contact comreg

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

I never had the next generation broadband. Only efiber. Explain why I was giving that contract then so?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

If Eir are saying that OPs contract isn't correct then I assume they can produce a copy of the correct contract that OP signed? If he was given the wrong contract to sign it's Eir's fault not his, if Eir have nothing signed by the OP outlining this charge then he can't be bound by it.

Also there's a requirement in EU law to look at things from the point of view of the weaker party in these kinds of contracts.

Thank you

Al

I fully honored my contractual obligations and now you have invoiced me for an item that I fully paid for.  This is all 4 months after I left Eircom . Punishment for moving to an alternative provider is it?

However, Next generation broadband is also detailed on this and it's not spcifically applicable to fibre - you will see that the sheet of paper you attached also shows a 12 month contract for pstn and broadband - this is not in relation to efibre either as that's a 18 month contract.

I'm sorry but in order for us to remove this charge we will need you to return the modem to the free post address I have previously advised and if you have further objections you are within your rights to contact comreg

Thanks
    Al
    Alan, may I have the complaint reference number used for this conversation. Thank you.

Thank you

Al

Thanks
    Al
    Alan, may I have the complaint reference number used for this conversation. Thank you.
    Hi stezie

This correspondence has not been opened as an official complaint although There is a reference number for a case I have created on this correspondence and that's 2075307.

Should you wish to log an official complaint you can do so by any method as described here: http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement