Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No longer a customer. Still being billed. Unable to get through on 1901

Options
  • 09-11-2015 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I'm so glad im no longer an Eircom/eir customer.

The unprofesdional attitude of this operation never fails to ammuse me.

Even after moving to another ISP the amateur accounting system is still at its old tricks..

I cannot get through on 1901 , 10 minutes on hold and then line goes dead.

I am no longer connected to Eircom services since September although I'm still getting bills... Please remove these bills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

stezie wrote: »
    I'm so glad im no longer an Eircom/eir customer.

The unprofesdional attitude of this operation never fails to ammuse me.

Even after moving to another ISP the amateur accounting system is still at its old tricks..

I cannot get through on 1901 , 10 minutes on hold and then  line goes dead.

I am no longer connected to Eircom services since September although I'm still getting bills... Please remove these bills.
    Sorry to hear this stezie

Please PM me your eir account number and I'll look in to this for you

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

eir: Alan wrote: »

Al

I am still receiving notifications and no one is replying to my messages.

Al

I am still receiving notifications and no one is replying to my messages.
    Apologies for this stezie

I would like to assure you that I will have a full update and resolution to this issue today. Leave this with me and I will be back to you this afternoon.

Thanks
    Al

I would like to assure you that I will have a full update and resolution to this issue today. Leave this with me and I will be back to you this afternoon.

Thanks
    Al

I just got a ridiculous email from canwehelp@eircom.net...

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your email.

I am very sorry to hear that your broadband service is currently not active.

Unfortunately we have no records of suspension of your account.

In order to report or track a line fault, please contact our faults team on 1901 by selecting option ?faults?.

Number one I am a Vodafone broadband customer which works perfect and number 2 I cannot get through on 1901.

Thanks
    Al

I just got a ridiculous email from canwehelp@eircom.net...

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your email.

I am very sorry to hear that your broadband service is currently not active.

Unfortunately we have no records of suspension of your account.

In order to report or track a line fault, please contact our faults team on 1901 by selecting option  ?faults?.

Number one I am a Vodafone broadband customer which works perfect and number 2 I cannot get through on 1901.
    Leave this with me stezie

I'm sure I will have closure on this today

Al

• Advertisement

Al

This is still not sorted....

Al

Please forward this to relevant people who know his this company is supposed to work.

http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/guide_to_phone_and_broadband_contracts_and_switching.232.LE.asp

"Do I have to tell my existing provider that I am switching?
    In general, you do not need to tell them unless your current contract requires you to give them cancellation notice. Check the terms and conditions of your current contract to see if this is required and see the different situations below.
    - See more at: http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/guide_to_phone_and_broadband_contracts_and_switching.232.LE.asp#sthash.kKVTY7Ea.dpuf"

Hi Stezie

I can assure you that the account has been closed down and all the charges have been fully cleared. The reference number for this is 6355757.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Stezie

I can assure you that the account has been closed down and all the charges have been fully cleared. The reference number for this is 6355757.

Thanks
    Al

Is there a reason I still got the email in the attached screen shot?

Hi Stezie

Thanks
    Al

Is there a reason I still got the email in the attached screen shot?
    Hi stezie

It takes up to 48 hrs to show as cancelled on our systems but I can assure you that the order is in to cease and it's due to show on all systems by the end of the day.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi stezie

It takes up to 48 hrs to show as cancelled on our systems but I can assure you that the order is in to cease and it's due to show on all systems by the end of the day.

Al

48hours? Wow really quick IT infrastructure you have there. Perhaps you should of upgraded that rather than blow money on a name change.

Another thing just....

I have just had a courier phone me looking to arrange a time to collect "something" for Eircom???

When I said I have no idea what he means he sounded really annoyed as I'm the third person who has this unknown collection for Eircom.

What the hell has gone wrong with this company!

Hi stezie

Al

48hours? Wow really quick IT infrastructure you have there. Perhaps you should of upgraded that rather than blow money on a name change.

Another thing just....

I have just had a courier phone me looking to arrange a time to collect "something" for Eircom???

When I said I have no idea what he means he sounded really annoyed as I'm the third person who has this unknown collection for Eircom.

What the hell has gone wrong with this company!
    I am being totally transparent stezie

I understand why you would be disappointed with the number of errors that have occurred though. Due to the closure of the account the modem will be collected - can you confirm if you recieved this modem?

Al

I understand why you would be disappointed with the number of errors that have occurred though. Due to the closure of the account the modem will be collected - can you confirm if you recieved this modem?

Al

Why would my modem be collected? It was given to me free on the basis I stayed in an 18 month contract , which I did.

Alan , seriously... Who but the request in to cancel my line now??? See the screen shot.

Why can you just not call me you have my mobile number in file..

I do not want to receive any Eircom bills... I have now switched to Vodafone broadband. Why are you making this process so complicated..

Al

Why would my modem be collected? It was given to me free on the basis I stayed in an 18 month contract , which I did.
    Hi stezie

The modem remains the property of eir - all closed efibre accounts a subject to return the equipment. I will be unable to offer you an exception to this.

Please view 3(a) from the terms & condition which clarifies this : https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

I'd imagine most of the emails are automagically generated?
    Why did you change from eir to Vodafone? I think they're good, to be honest.
    Vodafone are also difficult to contact when you're not a customer, too.
    I was helping my dad out one time.. so awkward.

PeteK* wrote: »

#1poor communications from eircom and unprofessional manor in dealing with bills and direct debits. Even the switching process was a pain in the rear . all eircoms fault.

#2 €7.01 cheaper per month

#3 faster speeds

#4 I can't understand why the name was changed

#5 no apology or compensation for having to resolve Eircom issues. At least 10 hours wasted on the phone and chats with customer reps.

PeteK* wrote: »

#1poor communications from eircom and unprofessional manor in dealing with bills and direct debits. Even the switching process was a pain in the rear . all eircoms fault.

#2 €7.01 cheaper per month

#3 faster speeds

#4 I can't understand why the name was changed

#5 no apology or compensation for having to resolve Eircom issues. At least 10 hours wasted on the phone and chats with customer reps.
    Hi stezie

I can understand your feelings on this saga and I do genuinely apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this has caused.

The account is fully closed.

Thanks
    Al

Hi stezie

The modem remains the property of eir - all closed efibre accounts a subject to return the equipment. I will be unable to offer you an exception to this.

Please view 3(a) from the terms & condition which clarifies this : https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf

Thanks
    Al

That's not the terms and conditions I signed. I honoured my contract term and that contract States its a free modem on the basis " free modem only applies to customers who fulfill their minimum contract commitment "

Would you like another screen shot? As it appears that you are making up these t&c as you go along.

Its my print server now. Or, seeing as I fulfilled my contract commitment, eircom can buy it back.

Hi stezie

Thanks
    Al

That's not the terms and conditions I signed. I honoured my contract term and that contract States its a free modem on the basis " free modem only applies to customers who fulfill their minimum contract commitment "

Would you like another screen shot? As it appears that you are making up these t&c as you go along.

Its my print server now. Or, seeing as I fulfilled my contract commitment, eircom can buy it back.
    Hi stezie

I can assure you I am not "making up these t&c as I go along" - I can also assure you these conditions ( Figure 3a here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms ) have not been purposely just made up for your inconvenience. Theses are the standard terms and conditions that require acceptance upon use of service.

I have assisted you as far as I can here stezie, the account is now closed - there are no further outstanding charges and as I advised you over a call Yesterday I will not be able to debate terms and conditions nor offer reasoning for decisions behind specific conditions. Should you wish to challenge eir on the application of their terms and conditions you will need to raise this with the relevant governing bodies or trading authorities.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi stezie

I can assure you I am not "making up these t&c as I go along" - I can also assure you these conditions ( Figure 3a here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms ) have not been purposely just made up for your inconvenience. Theses are the standard terms and conditions that require acceptance upon use of service.

I have assisted you as far as I can here stezie, the account is now closed - there are no further outstanding charges and as I advised you over a call Yesterday I will not be able to debate terms and conditions nor offer reasoning for decisions behind specific conditions. Should you wish to challenge eir on the application of their terms and conditions you will need to raise this with the relevant governing bodies or trading authorities.

Thanks
    Al

I did not agree to those terms and conditions above. Nor where there ever sent to me.

Alan,

Whats going on? I got a final bill months ago with my account closing in credit, and today I got a further bill for €60. Why?

Hi Stezie

I did indeed clear the previous balance but you had refused to return the modem and a charge was applied for this.

I had advised you on multiple occasions that the modem is property of eir ( see post #16 ) I had also included a link to the terms and conditions where it clearly states the following :

[font=Times New Roman","serif]"In relation to eir Fibre Broadband products, eir will supply a suitable eir Broadband modem to customers in order to facilitate provision of and use of the Service. This Modem remains the property of eir and may only be used in conjunction [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]with eir Broadband products and must comply with all manufacturers’ instructions and any other reasonable instruction provided by eir. We may add to or substitute the eir Fibre Broadband modem as necessary to provide the Services or [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]for other valid reasons. On termination of the Agreement, or on cancellation of any eir Fibre Broadband Services, the Customer shall within fourteen (14) days of the date of termination or cancellation, arrange for eir to collect the Modem [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]from the Service address. In the event of any such Modem not being returned to eir within fourteen (14) days of the cancellation of the Order, the Customer shall be charged by eir a modem fee (€59.99 inc. VAT / €48.77 ex. VAT) in respect [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]of the non-return of any Modem."[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]- Your response to this was as follows
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]"[/font]Its my print server now. Or, seeing as I fulfilled my contract commitment, eircom can buy it back."

eir will continue to seek this payment for their modem and as I also previously advised should you wish to contest eirs terms and conditions you are welcome to contact the relevant trading standard or authority. I have noted this correspondence to your account.

Thanks
    Al

As I said they are not the terms and conditions I signed to..

The Eircom contract I signed specifically states the modem is free as long as I fulfil the minimum contract. Which I did. This contract also specifies that the out of bundle purchase price is €40.

Would you like a copy of the contract I signed? I take it you lost the original copy yourselves?

Here you go..

Free modem as written in your contract...

- Your response to this was as follows

"Its my print server now. Or, seeing as I fulfilled my contract commitment, eircom can buy it back."

eir will continue to seek this payment for their modem and as I also previously advised should you wish to contest eirs terms and conditions you are welcome to contact the relevant trading standard or authority. I have noted this correspondence to your account.

Thanks
    Al
    In fact Al my  response is as below. Please don't chop and choose the text to suit yourself elimating the text you don't want to read.

"That's not the terms and conditions I signed. I honoured my contract term and that contract States its a free modem on the basis " free modem only applies to customers who fulfill their minimum contract commitment ""

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Wow. This is unbelievable.

spurious wrote: »
    Wow. This is unbelievable.

Tip of the iceberg....

From eircom loosing my direct details then invoicing me €15 for unsuccessful direct debit payments and taking months of begging them to sort, it to now this... Look back over my history in this section for an interesting read.

A bully of a company that I will have nothing further to do with after this. I'm currently in the middle of transferring 7 family members to alternative ( and cheaper) providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Good god this is horrific. Even if the customer is wrong (which I don't think you are OP) the attitude of the reps here is terrible! Are they actually being paid to talk to people like this? It's also surely ethically wrong to post the contents of a customers PRIVATE message on a public forum, especially as the OP stated this isn't even what he said!

Certainly won't be moving to Eir any time soon!

Edit: OP I would also recommend contacting Comreg about the router. I'd include the full back story and copies of the contract you signed (Eir should also be able to provide you a copy of your contract signed by you if you don't have one - if they've since changed their ts and cs then you need to have your exact signed copy to show it wasn't there when you signed. It may be necessary to request a subject access request to obtain this, and may be a good idea anyway as you can request all phone calls and documentation on your account which may be handy to have for the sake of €5/6). Comreg are normally pretty quick with getting these things sorted and it might put you in contact with a professional member of Eir staff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

eir: Alan wrote:

eir: Alan wrote:
    Thanks Al

No idea about customer service Al..

This is just ludicrous. It seems you are upset with the OP as he had to post on boards to ultimately get a resolution for his on going issue(which your company caused) and now you're punishing him with a petty fine.

Well played Eir.. Well played.

Advertisement