Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage Boxes

Options
  • 09-11-2015 1:21pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have to move some stuff to the attic and I would like to get them up there in proper storage boxes rather than just cardboard boxes. I noticed some on sale in Dunnes but they don't look great quality. I got some in Ikea in the past and they are great quality but I don't know when I'll be up there again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

My wife just got a load of the Dunnes ones (for storing craft stuff) and your right they aren't that great a quality but they were cheap and provided you aren't filling them with heavy stuff and bashing them around they should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,587 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Last time I was in woodies they were doing a 3 for 2 on boxes. Picked up a few and they were perfect, clip tops and all. Have delph, cutlery etc stored in them and lifting them full was no problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

_Brian wrote: »
    Last time I was in woodies they were doing a 3 for 2 on boxes. Picked up a few and they were perfect, clip tops and all. Have delph, cutlery etc stored in them and lifting them full was no problem.

Spot on, thanks I'll head down there at lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Couldn't recommend these ones enough..

http://www.vikingdirect.ie/a/pb/Really-Useful-Box-polypropylene-plastic-storage-box-84-litre-380-x-440-x-710mm-H-x-W-x-D-in-Clear/id=84CCB&pr=QDN/

Might be a bit pricey for you once VAT is included. My attic is full of them at this stage with everything stored away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That's a lot more than I was thinking of ordering, I didn't realize I was so far away from Woodies either :(

• Advertisement

I just checked Ikea there, it seems a lot cheaper than the other options, I might have to drop in the next time I'm up there

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/storage-organising/storage-boxes-baskets/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Have a look at Jimmy's just off the market in Ennis Clareman, I haven't been there in a while but have picked up good sturdy storage boxes and crates there in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Cb9

You could also try Homestore and more Link

Good call with Jimmy's, forgot about there, Homestore is a good call as well, thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You're probably best off looking for double walled boxes. Tape thme up well and they should be fine and allow multi level stacking. Try box depot, I think they deliver nationwide. They sell "once used" boxes which have always been in great condition when my customers have used them for moving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement