Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Display Adapters / Displaylink

Options
  • 09-11-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey folks. I have two laptops at home. One is a Lenovo Thinkpad T430S that I use for work and the other is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000. The Lenovo has Win 7 SP1 installed and the Dell has Windows 10.

I used to have a Plugable UD 3000 docking station that I was able to extend my desktop on. This worked fine for both but recently purchased a Dell D3100 in order to add a 3rd monitor. This is when problems began.

I can't extend the desktop on the Lenovo anymore on either of the docks. In Device manager, whichever dock is plugged in just shows up with the yellow warning symbol beside it. I have the correct versions of Displaylink installed etc but no joy. I think it might be something to do with the USB 3.0 ports on the Lenovo but I don't really know. If I plug in the Dell dock then that shows up with a yellow symbol, same with the Plugable UD 3000.

I can connect a usb mouse/keyboard etc to the dock and theyll work for the Lenovo, but Ethernet and the DVI output just won't work. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I've used those Dell Docks before and the drivers that Windows installs for them isn't the right one and can give a driver warning in Device Manager.

They require USB3.0 to work so firstly ensure the drivers for your chipset are installed and up to date and any supplemental USB3.0 drivers are used.

Then download the driver for the Dock from Dell here.

Hope this helps.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Cheers Ken, I'll give it a go. I updated the chipset the other day on the Lenovo and I think that's the problem but can't be sure. It's driven me nuts.

Advertisement