Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

350-450 gaming build.

Options
  • 09-11-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭

Looking for something solid that will run the vast majority of games on it. I don't expect 4958484883 frames per second. Just as long as its decent quality. Medium is fine for me. I'll mainly be playing Fm on it and doing a bit of video editing. Also, what site is best to order the parts for it? Thanks guys.

Also will need windows with it. Also any budget monitors are welcome! Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057519397

This'd be a good starting point. Ideally you'd have a budget of 500 though.
    Football Manager isn't really a graphical game though so you'd get away with integrated graphics for the most part.

Ideal setup:
    i3 4170/4160
    GTX 750 or GTX 750TI
    250GB SSD or 1TB HDD
    BenQ GL series monitor
    H81 motherboard
    400W PSU
    8GB RAM DDR3 1600mhz
    Windows from Reddit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Isn't anywhere close to the PC above. Not listing the graphics card isn't something that should inspire confidence in the seller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's the APU's integrated graphics. They are just called "R7 Graphics", they don't have any other distinguishing naming for the A10 APU's, even though they obviously vary in speed depending on the processor.

But all are rubbish for the latest games in any case so makes no real odds, just get the i3+GTX750 combo for a decent experience.

The ebay PC would run the latest games at 720p at low settings just about. The above combo would run most new games at 1080p medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Is this build OK guys?
    http://m.imgur.com/WCWBlHk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Not the PSU. Get a Corsair, BeQuiet, XFX or SeaSonic.

You've no GPU there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There is a GTX750Ti on the list.

It's fine apart from the PSU which is a very, very cheap brand. What you are building is low wattage so it would probably be OK but when it powers the entire machine, you're just so much better off spending an extra €15 for a reliable, quality supply.

Advertisement