Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of motor insurance for older provisional driver

• 09-11-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I'm looking at getting my provisional license at a bit of a later age than usual (31) but looking at the cost of insurance it seems to be about €3000 which really shocks me. Would it be much cheaper to be listed as an additional driver on my mothers insurance as that would be the car I would effectively be using as I can't afford my own at the moment. Thanks for any info.

Jennifer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Would it be much cheaper to be listed as an additional driver on my mothers insurance as that would be the car I would effectively be using as I can't afford my own at the moment. Thanks for any info.

Jennifer

Yes it would.

You'd have to call her insurer and get a quote to find the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

It would be your mother who should make the enquiry, as policyholder, they shouldn't really discuss anything with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

try coverinaclick.ie or AA. I just brought provisional insurance myself and these 2 were both significantly cheaper. There is also boxymo.ie. Also try have a car that is 1 litre and less than 15 years old

Advertisement