Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed Leaving?

Options
  • 09-11-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was planning on applying as a mature student to start next year but I'm a bit worried as I don't have my leaving passed? I dropped out in 5th year and studied at home, sat it as an external student and didn't do great. I don't think I'd be worried as much if I was a bit older, but as I'm only 24 will this lower my chances of getting into a course? I know it's not needed but it feels like with me being so young compared to a lot of mature students it might not give me the best chances. Anyone been in the same situation and have any tips?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You should go and speak to the people in charge of mature entries in the college you are hoping to apply to, or to your local ETB (VEC) Adult Education Officer.

Age isn't a factor for or against you getting a place. Each entry is looked at on its own merits.

Advertisement