Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 2016

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shinnaynay

Looking for two roommates!! There are six of us girls, so preferable lads for a bitta balance. But won't deny girls either :P $1750 per person for the season, wifi/ac/tv and fully furnished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

So I have a US job lined up. But, in the meantime, I may have found an opportunity to work remotely for an Irish company while I'm over there. I'm doing the J1 with Sayit/Interexchange.

I have two questions.

1. Is it legal for me to work remotely for an Irish company while I'm residing over there? I would obviously be paid in Euros into my Irish bank account.

2. If I lose/quit my US job, will they (Interexchange/US Gov) boot me from the program when they find out? I haven't yet found one document on Sayit, Interexchange nor the US Gov's website that states that you have to work while over there.

It would be great if anyone had a source with the answer.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xxxribenagirlxx

Hi!

Me and a few of my friends really want to go to San Fran this summer on a J1. We plan to stay in Berkeley, as it seems easy to get cheap accommodation there, and work in San Fran itself. Does anybody have any ideas, tips or experiences about going about getting a job in the area? I've been looking on craigslist but it seems that it will be difficult to secure a job using that for another few months. We plan on going through SAYIT. Does anybody know if their job database is good for this area?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm heading over towards the Bay Area as well for a j1 but I'm going on my own and accomodation prices are outrageous I was wondering if you guys are looking for a roommate to make things cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xxxribenagirlxx

Shinnaynay wrote: »
    Looking for two roommates!! There are six of us girls, so preferable lads for a bitta balance. But won't deny girls either :P $1750 per person for the season, wifi/ac/tv and fully furnished :)

Where in America?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Hey, has anyone any advice on getting accommodation in San fran?:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement