Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Eir Mobile 4G

Options
  • 09-11-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Currently on your Select Unlimited 18 Months Plan. While the phone is capable of 4G, I have a 3G connection presumably because I have a 3G Sim card in it.

If I get a 4G Sim card for my number can I continue on this plan with a 4G connection with no changes to the terms & conditions? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

polaris68 wrote: »
    Currently on your Select Unlimited 18 Months Plan. While the phone is capable of 4G, I have a 3G connection presumably because I have a 3G Sim card in it.

If I get a 4G Sim card for my number can I continue on this plan with a 4G connection with no changes to the terms & conditions? 

[ltr]Hi polaris68,

In order to have 4G service, you need a 4G sim, 4G plan, in a 4G area & 4G compatible handset.  The 18 month plans are not 4G compatible so you'll have to move to a 4G plan in order to avail of this.  This can only be done through Customer Care at free phone 1901.

Thanks
    AL
    [/ltr]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

OK - Thanks for the clarification, Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

polaris68 wrote: »
    OK - Thanks for the clarification, Alan.
    No problem polaris68

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement