Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a new business guide / course

Options
  • 09-11-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I figured this would be the best place to ask. Does anyone know where I could get info on starting a new business? I am in Maynooth so anything near that area would be great. Cant find any stickys and did have a look through older posts but cant seem to find any. My Local enterprise board have a small amount of info but no classes / course. I am looking to find out the best and most cost effective way to market for my chosen business.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Was that the LEO in Naas you went to? The Tallaght Office wouldn't be much further than the Naas Office and they have a much wider selection of courses including the start your own business one. Next SYOB courses starts on the 17th.

The forum is a great resource for pointers too. Just be sure to clearly state as much info as possible like what you are looking to achieve and your budget etc and you will find you get some very helpful responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Thanks Jimmii, Tallaght is actually closer to the day job so that will be a much better option. There isn't a geographical restriction on attendees is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ElKavo wrote: »
    Thanks Jimmii, Tallaght is actually closer to the day job so that will be a much better option. There isn't a geographical restriction on attendees is there?

The catchments are typically the general area not sure how strict they are on that but given your LEO doesn't offer those courses I would be surprised if it was an issue. Best give them a call to be 100% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

jimmii wrote: »
    ElKavo wrote: »

The catchments are typically the general area not sure how strict they are on that but given your LEO doesn't offer those courses I would be surprised if it was an issue. Best give them a call to be 100% though.
    I worked with an enterprise board / community enterprise centre before they became "LEO"'s, and when course numbers weren't full we were only glad to bring people in from any location, it shouldn't' be an issue.

Advertisement