Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F...ing HSE inspectors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

Which witch? I will have to pay water tax for rain that goes to the drain.

Sounds like a clue from a cryptic crossword.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

There are b...dy HSC inspectors controlling shops with cigarettes.
    They drive red 08kk something car
    and send TALL girl under 18 to buy fags.

F...ing gobs..ts. Just lost my job.

By the way there would be no problem if someone
    over 18 bought 66 packs of cigarettes?
    F....ing ridiculous.

What did you think happens when you get caught by a government department for selling cigs to minors? Genuine question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

True story.
    Many moons ago I had to do a job in a school in the south of the county. Myself and a workcrew were only there for three hours. Anyway as we were packing up a bunch of the school kids on their break were chatting to us, very innocuous stuff. We packed up and headed off and thought nothing more of it.

A few weeks later I'm in Langtons nightclub having a bop and this gorgeous blond comes over and starts dancing with me. She's really friendly and I'm having trouble figuring out if and how I should know her. Then she tells me she'd been talking to me and my workmates the previous week in the school but that I probably didn't recognise her out of her school uniform.

Cue rapid sobering up and quick exit.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    runaway7.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 overcharged

What did you think happens when you get caught by a government department for selling cigs to minors? Genuine question.

You would not like to be in the position to answer this kind of question
    and loosing potential 12K extra income a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Your employers must not have thought much of you if they were prepared to sack you so easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

You would not like to be in the position to answer this kind of question
    and loosing potential 12K extra income a year.

Would you like to answer the question?

Your employers must not have thought much of you if they were prepared to sack you so easily.

True. They thought off me :) Over the time of my employment I realized that in retail, the employer wants us to be simple, nice and a little bit of a fake clown :)Actually after all I going to focus on the things I really enjoy: trading on the sports exchange(betfair.com) and reading about financials. (marketwatch.com, ft.com)

Ofcourse Dave. One gets a warning from inspector from the public body or gets prosecuted in the court. Furthermore gets another warning from employer, training or gets sacked..

On top of this the shop could be in troubles: the owner can be prosecuted or the business might be shut down.

Also, this shows that the job just wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Actually after all I going to focus on the things I really enjoy: trading on the sports exchange(betfair.com) and reading about financials. (marketwatch.com, ft.com)

So, what's your problem then? Is the rant finished?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Also, this shows that the job just wasn't worth it.

So why inflict this thread on us then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

If I was an employer and an employee who was generally good at their job and had a good attitude had this lapse, I'd have given them a slap on the wrist and that would've been the end of it. You've come across very badly in this thread. Your attitude stinks, you're not prepared to take personal responsibility for what you did and the less said about your rambling nonsensical posts the better. It's for the best that you're planning to work for yourself from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Pretty much like your spelling so.
    and his/her attempts at trolling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

What caught out the Op was what I would call social engineering.
    Someone sets up a scene where they use a person to test the adherence of a worker to rules and the person gets caught out and breaks a rule.

People used to try this on with front of house staff such as receptionists and security, try to get into a building without a proper pass by hectoring and bullying the security guard, claiming to know the boss etc and intimidating the security person etc.... If they let the person in a report is filed and the security person could be fired.......

In such jobs its important to be a clear thinking and inflexible stickler to the rules. If in doubt pick up the phone......

Whether we like it or not certain things are restricted to who we can sell them to and its up to the front of house seller to know what is restricted and what is not.

I just wanna warn of HSC inspectors in Kilkenny checking the proper sale of tobacco and alcohol. I didn't want to shoot, burn of suffocate anyone. If you feel so, I'm sorry I apologize.

I just wanna warn of HSC inspectors in Kilkenny checking for the proper sale of tobacco and alcohol. I didn't want to shoot, burn of suffocate anyone. If you feel so, I'm sorry I apologize.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If I was an employer and an employee who was generally good at their job and had a good attitude had this lapse, I'd have given them a slap on the wrist and that would've been the end of it.

You may have 2nd thoughts about your employee when hit by a four-figute fine plus HSE's costs. :pac:

I would not pay them simply.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I just wanna warn of HSC inspectors in Kilkenny checking the proper sale of tobacco and alcohol. I didn't want to shoot, burn of suffocate anyone. If you feel so, I'm sorry I apologize.

and yet you've stated you are going to stalk the inspector in relation to stuff in their life, this is creepy and something that the inspector could very easily report to the Gardai...and rightly so.

Saying you want to warn people is silly, if the staff don't break the law to begin with there is no issue here.

Cabaal wrote: »
    ... if the staff don't break the law ...

They won't break!

• Advertisement

I never mentioned that I am going to stalk him.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

jonny24ie wrote: »
    So all minors are small then?

Yes, how else would they fit down the holes?

Treepole wrote: »
    Yes, how else would they fit down the holes?

Ofcourse not Treepole.

What is bad in being good citizen?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I never mentioned that I am going to stalk him.

Sure you didn't,
    :rolleyes:
    Now it's my turn to see if he obeys the law.
    Gonna follow him up in every detail.
    Road tax, insurance, tv licence etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

What is good in being bad citizen?

Good citizens don't break the law. It's actually one of the main things about good citizenship.

For sure...I never broke the law the down here.

Then what were you fired for?

• Advertisement

Joke

Advertisement