Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F...ing HSE inspectors

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭amacca

Kev W wrote: »
    Completely different circumstances. Now that said, the arrangement to sell cigarettes to the mother via the child should not have happened but the proper response would (IMO) be to shut down that arrangement, not to fire the man in question.

It's a completely different situation.

Fire the mother for putting everyone in an awkward situation. lazy bint.

You are no longer fit to be a parent smoky joanna we have already begun interviewing for a younger hungrier more regulation conscious direct replacement with lower wage demands pack up your super kings and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Kev W wrote: »
    Then what were you fired for?

Same kinda stuff I'd imagine he'll be banned for before too long?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 46 overcharged

I cooperated with the inspector fully, so I don't think he would be gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Yet you called him that in your first post.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

What the hell is your problem with the inspector? In the unlikely event that you should be angry at anyone other than yourself that person is your former employer who failed to explain the law on cigarette sales to you and who has left themself open to a lawsuit.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/13-500-award-for-woman-sacked-for-selling-alcohol-to-minor-1.1911869

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Again, as I pointed out in one of my earlier posts..... It was your employer that fired you not the inspector. So any grievance you have is with the employer and not the inspector!

If I through back any frustration at my last employer, I would
    not expect anything back from him. Fair enough.

For the public body of (off) HSC I had different 'opinion'.

Yes, you seem to be of the opinion that they shouldn't do their jobs because then you would have had to do yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

If I through back any frustration at my last employer, I would
    not expect anything back from him. Fair enough.

For the public body of (off) HSC I had different 'opinion'.
    Look, you had a ****ty day. We get that. We've had them too.

If your employer didn't go over the regulations regarding selling to minors then you have a case.

Why should you let the employer away with that if they didn't cover what is a sackable offense?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You f**ked up, now it's time to move on. I know this will come across as a very c**tish but you were selling cigarettes in a shop, it's hardly like you're a doctor (I'm not exactly in rocket science myself). You will get a job, just start throwing your CV around and hope for the best, you only have to be lucky once.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Maybe I'll start as judge, democrat, property assessor, production planner or most likely back to the sports trading.

I never mentioned certain jobs with uncapped income as a dispatcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

There's no smoke without fire(d)...

To the point.

To the point.

Ate you just posting random phrases now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I'd love to know what shop the OP worked in. Being served by him/her/it must have been some experience :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Being served by him/her/it must have been some experience :D
    Or being served by him/her/it may have been an achievement!

Dealing with customers was pretty straight forward.
    Oops not with the gypsies though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That's just blatant racism, take a break.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

OP, were you working on commission?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

This thread was mildly entertaining. I look forward to the outcome of your next job.

OP, were you working on commission?

I can't reveal it. I'd love to be employed by European commission restricting
    too large bananas coming to this country.

Doff wrote: »
    This thread was mildly entertaining. I look forward to the outcome of your next job.

I didn't think about next job. I was self employed man.

http://https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=sports%20trading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I can't reveal it. I'd love to be employed by European commission restricting too large bananas coming to this country.

I think that horse has long since bolted!

Advertisement