Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Pro Available to Order Wed 11th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

symbolic wrote: »
    Yeah I get ya. A 9.7 inch "pro" would be nice!

Fair enough, just seems like one of the main differentiators doesn't even come as standard, it's extra, if ya get me. But I guess people might just want extra screen size.

Bah, they could make the next air so nice!

I know, the Air is the perfect size for me and what I need it for. I'd buy the pencil tomorrow if it would work :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

€939 entry point for the new one?

That'll help their competitors.

I don't think it'll make the slightest difference to the competition. Anyone that's interested in a large format android tablet could have picked up the Galaxy Pro 12 for some time now. Last time I spotted one it was being heavily discounted in PC World.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'd say the Air 3 is a good bit away. It was arguably over-powered at launch in anticipation of iOS 9's side-by-side multitasking, which was supposed to arrive in iOS 8. Apple are hardly going to update the Air with anything the Pro doesn't have, such as 3D Touch. So the only reason to update the Air is to give it some of the Pro's features.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 petertgtt

Graham wrote: »
    I'm seeing availability of the 128GB WiFi Only in Space Grey with Tuesday delivery.

Just bought my one with delivery for Thursday week -.- must be coming from UK or somewhere.

petertgtt wrote: »
    Just bought my one with delivery for Thursday week -.- must be coming from UK or somewhere.

The 128GB WiFi model is the only one showing any sign of supply constraints so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

petertgtt wrote: »

Coming from the UK would normally make it next day delivery. Sounds like direct from factory, unless they have to wait for accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 petertgtt

whiterebel wrote: »
    Coming from the UK would normally make it next day delivery. Sounds like direct from factory, unless they have to wait for accessories.

no, not getting any accessories

Called into the Belfast store and they didn't have any on display. Some of the bigger English stores apparently have stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Saw one today in Glasgow. HUGE!

Also got to use the pencil for a bit, very quick to respond. Wasted on me as I can't draw to save my life but it was still impressive.

If anyone is on Periscope, Andy Ihnatko is doing an unboxing and first impressions, and he loves it. Looks like a great device alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Horace Dediu on the significance of the iPad Pro:

Funny and very smart. He's the first person I've seen to so perfectly articulate the point that the iPad Pro isn't just a bigger iPad. It's the start of something new. A step back into the desktop computing realm. Everyone's been predicting that Apple would follow the lazy Microsoft approach and slap a touch interface on OS X and/or just replace it altogether with iOS. But they are at something else entirely.

The first batch of ROI bound orders are at East Midlands airport now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

the iPad Pro isn't just a bigger iPad.

.... It is.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Funny and very smart. He's the first person I've seen to so perfectly articulate the point that the iPad Pro isn't just a bigger iPad. It's the start of something new. A step back into the desktop computing realm. Everyone's been predicting that Apple would follow the lazy Microsoft approach and slap a touch interface on OS X and/or just replace it altogether with iOS. But they are at something else entirely.

Daring fireball review says pretty much the same, not sure I entirely buy it, but interesting idea..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Anyone know what the situation is with the smart keyboard? Apple's site is saying 4-5 weeks for delivery. Looking to get an iPad Pro for my wife this Christmas but wasn't going to look at it until December. 4-5 weeks for the accessories though....

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the situation is with the smart keyboard? Apple's site is saying 4-5 weeks for delivery. Looking to get an iPad Pro for my wife this Christmas but wasn't going to look at it until December. 4-5 weeks for the accessories though....

Looks like the Keyboard and Pencil are fairly supply constrained at the moment so you might want to think about ordering the keyboard sooner rather than later.

It's worth keeping in mind that Apple are usually fairly pessimistic with their lead times, chances are you'd get the keyboard well before 4-5 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Looks like the Keyboard and Pencil are fairly supply constrained at the moment so you might want to think about ordering the keyboard sooner rather than later.

It's worth keeping in mind that Apple are usually fairly pessimistic with their lead times, chances are you'd get the keyboard well before 4-5 weeks.

I ordered the gold 128GB, the pen and a blue logitech keyboard yesterday and I've been told the keyboard will be delivered today & the ipad tomorrow - so looks like there's no shortage!

I ordered the gold 128GB, the pen and a blue logitech keyboard yesterday and I've been told the keyboard will be delivered today & the ipad tomorrow - so looks like there's no shortage!

What time did you order yesterday and what were the estimates on delivery when you ordered.

My iPad is out for delivery now :D , the keyboard (which I ordered 3 minutes later) is still stuck in 'processing' limbo.

Edited: just spotted you're getting the logitech keyboard. There appears to be plenty of availability of those, it's the Apple keyboards and Pencil that are in short supply.

What time did you order yesterday and what were the estimates on delivery when you ordered.

My iPad is out for delivery now :D , the keyboard (which I ordered 3 minutes later) is still stuck in 'processing' limbo.

Edited: just spotted you're getting the logitech keyboard. There appears to be plenty of availability of those, it's the Apple keyboards and Pencil that are in short supply.

I ordered around lunchtime yesterday. I didn't know there was an Apple one too. God I hope I ordered the right one! I was told 4-5 weeks for the pencil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

had the pleasure of seeing Horace speak a couple of times. the man is amazingly good at calling trends before we sees them.

*Edit* "before we see them", not before he sees them" he obviously sees them :pac:

• Advertisement

had the pleasure of seeing Horace speak a couple of times. the man is amazingly good at calling trends before he sees them.

Yeah, he's the only tech analyst I put any stock in.

Less than 25 hours from ordering to delivery, that's some fairly impressive logistics! For anyone else that's waiting, the original delivery estimate from Apple was Tuesday 17th.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was seriously considering buying one of these and then saw the price!

Settled on a Teclast X16 Pro instead. Not as big but should be fine for what I need. Also costs €600 less (including delivery and duty)

First windows tec I've bought in 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Decided that I'd want to have a look at one in store before I spend that much on it. Does anyone know if CompuB will have them this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

Most stores are getting stock today, I read Harvey Norman has, Compub also. I got one today in iConnect in Henry Street. No display Models available, delivery had just arrived.
    Impressive device, ironic that it feels a bit too large :) but that's just my initial impression having used iPads for so long.

Most stores are getting stock today, I read Harvey Norman has, Compub also. I got one today in iConnect in Henry Street. No display Models available, delivery had just arrived.
    Impressive device, ironic that it feels a bit too large :) but that's just my initial impression having used iPads for so long.

Was the Pencil and Smart Keyboard in stock?

Ordered Wednesday lunchtime, got my keyboard (Logitech) yesterday and my engraved iPad today. Can't wait to go home tonight & play with it!

I got one today in iConnect in Henry Street. No display Models available, delivery had just arrived.

My initial impression was it was smaller than I'd anticipated. The thing that really (pleasantly) surprised me was the sound out of it. It's like going from a 1970s transistor radio to a home cinema.

If anyone spots the Apple Pencil in stock anywhere, please post :)

Same here. If anyone knows of any stores selling the Pencil & keyboard could they let us know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

So I got mine in compub yesterday. 128gb wifi in silver. It feels huge using it. But not as heavy as I thought it would be. No heavier than my previous 3rd gen iPad. Sound is great, and I like how the multitasking windows work. A lot better than on my note 4.
    Will be great for reading tech text books.

Advertisement