Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ONE4ALL Voucher for cash

Options
  • 09-11-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

How does one get cash for his one4all voucher ?
    I have a voucher for 500 euro which I won in a competition during the summer but I would rather the cash to pay bills in time for christmas. Any ideas would help ??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Your only option is probably to sell it at a mark down. You see people selling them online every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

I wonder if I purchased something and returned the item could I funnel cash that way. If not I can always sell it.
    Id be interested to hear from someone who has done this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,824 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No if you purchase something in a shop with it and get a refund the refund will be for a voucher for that store only, this will limit the resale value even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

steo_magra wrote: »
    I wonder if I purchased something and returned the item could I funnel cash that way. If not I can always sell it.

if you returned an item they wouldn't give you cash back. the refund would be given in the same manner as the payment. Assuming they gave you a refund at all as they are not obliged to for a change of mind.

Some shops might but almost all will have a system in place that blocks cash being given as a refund and will only offer it on a store gift card so you're even worse off then!

If you're selling it then you're likely to only get around €450 for it I would have thought unless you know someone who wants it. Anyone buying it online is likely to be questioning why you are selling it. Do you have any proof you won it an email or something?

• Advertisement

Might be easier to just use it on any xmas presents etc (argos take it) and use the money that would have gone on presents, on bills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Yep that's one way to do it. I did something like that with an Argos voucher recently. I had a problem with the product I bought using a voucher and when I brought it back I was offered a refund or exchange. I took the exchange but if the problem crops up again at least I know I can get the refund.

Another possibility is to see if any of the retailers have billpay services in their stores, I'm thing of the supermarkets and convenience stores here. Perhaps they would accept it as a direct payment off your bill?

bluewolf wrote: »
    Might be easier to just use it on any xmas presents etc (argos take it) and use the money that would have gone on presents, on bills

Also a good way to give yourself a fixed budget when buying. Assuming its not really an option for whatever reason though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,435 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You need to launder it.

Try Fuch Man Doos on Main Street.

kneemos wrote: »
    You need to launder it.

Try Fuch Man Doos on Main Street.

Why don't you like Nandos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is it a paper voucher or a card? If it's a card, the number format is 16 numbers just like credit cards, it's got an expiry date, just like a credit card and it's got a cvv on the back just like a credit card. It's either a prepaid Visa or prepaid Mastercard. Can you pay your bills by card?

its a card,
    Interesting. But will it work as a credit card ? Doesnt have visa or mastercard logo. Looks like this http://www.one4all.ie/gift-cards/any-occasion/black.html

And thanks for all the help. Your all legends :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

There is a way, unless they've changed it -

You can use it in o2 stores. So use it to buy and top up and o2 money card. Then withdraw the cash from the o2 money card in an ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know where I work they go through as credit cards, so try pay bills online/in shops that can take them with it.

Ill try that. I knew there would be a way around it :D

There is a way, unless they've changed it -

You can use it in o2 stores. So use it to buy and top up and o2 money card. Then withdraw the cash from the o2 money card in an ATM.

Nice
    Ive a few options now. Cheers Lads and Lassies :cool:

the 02 money card can not be bought because 02 (now three) dont accept one4all vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Ill try that. I knew there would be a way around it :D

Why not do all you grocery shopping and present buying with the voucher and spend the money you have on bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭smallgarden

There is a virtual mastercard option on one4alls site. You can only load it up to 100 and lose €8 in fees.

Another option is to do grocery shopping, a lot of supervalus take them which you wouldnt really think of using them in

• Advertisement

Still looking for a way to convert it to cash for my bank :P

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

You can always just ask to redeem it from One4all. It's in the terms and conditions. There is an 8 euro charge though.

https://www.one4all.ie/terms-conditions

I cant use it at bars though, Christmas is coming, Id just rather the cash. Im sure ill be fine getting someone i know to use it and give me cash.

Advertisement