Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antenatal appointment

• 09-11-2015 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I've my first main antenatal appointment coming up and looking for some advice. I don't really want to tell management I'm pregnant yet as I've a history of miscarriage and would like to wait until I'm further along. But how do I go about getting the time off? Can I just say the day will be certified as it's a medical appointment? I had an early scan so pulled favours to cover that appointment so can't really do that again. Do I get a cert in the hospital or just show appointment letter? If I do that they'll know straight away as it's specific on the letter.

Just wondering what others have done? Surely I'm not the only person who doesn't want to tell them before 12 weeks. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

Congratulations!

I would imagine most people don't have their first appointment before 12 weeks, so it isn't an issue.

I would just tell them, it's not sick leave for an antenatal appointment, it's a separate type of leave. if anything did go wrong management will know anyway, because your cert would say what was wrong with you. I know people are uncomfortable telling too early, but what will be will be, telling your principal will not change that.

Other option might be to change your appointment time to later evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Congrats! Tell your Principal in confidence, it needs to be entered as antenatal appt etc

Advertisement