Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swarovski binocular servicing

Options
  • 09-11-2015 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Have a set of EL's that I'm going to get serviced by Swarovski but don't know of anyone that's had a set done. Bascsilly want all the internal parts cleaned and checked but have read online of people sending in pairs and reciving totally rebuild binos for free. Find it a bit hard to believe so said I'd ask here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

its true mate

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

allan450 wrote: »
    its true mate

Well let's see what's come back to see if it's all true. Be nice if they did but I'll be happy to have the inside a 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Had a pair serviced and they charged me 120 euros.Considering that they were over 30 years old might have had somthing to do with it
    So hust be aware that the internet stories of free fixes mightnt be true in all cases.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Had a pair serviced and they charged me 120 euros.Considering that they were over 30 years old might have had somthing to do with it
    So hust be aware that the internet stories of free fixes mightnt be true in all cases.

Thanks for the feed back. Mine are an old pair also (2000). Was told on the phone by the uk service dept that anything inside is generally done free unless it's a heavily scratched lens which I'd have to pay for or if something on the outside needed replacing

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

out of interest is it the same place you sent scopes to for servicing? Have a z6i I'd like to get a mark on the tube looked at..

• Advertisement

viper123 wrote: »
    out of interest is it the same place you sent scopes to for servicing? Have a z6i I'd like to get a mark on the tube looked at..

Yes they go to the same place in Austria. Just drop it into your local Swarovski agent and they'll handle the rest of it.

Save yourself a dealers markup.Send them back to Austria yourself by courier.They will accept this as well.There are supposedly some people who have the dealerships in Irelabd but as usual ,un contactable or unfindable.
    Mie are from the early 1980s and the internal focussing wheel broke.So No! What the UK told you is rubbish ..Unless they have changed their warrenry policy to lifetime.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Save yourself a dealers markup.Send them back to Austria yourself by courier.They will accept this as well.There are supposedly some people who have the dealerships in Irelabd but as usual ,un contactable or unfindable.
    Mie are from the early 1980s and the internal focussing wheel broke.So No! What the UK told you is rubbish ..Unless they have changed their warrenry policy to lifetime.

I dropped them into Mike Duggan the other day as he's the closest dealer for them. Just have to wait and see what happens and how long it's going to take now. Hopefully have them back for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

.......There are supposedly some people who have the dealerships in Irelabd but as usual ,un contactable or unfindable....

Mike Duggan is the Swarovski rep in the south,very contactable ,very findable and very capable ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭lakesider

gearoidol wrote: »
    Mike Duggan is the Swarovski rep in the south,very contactable ,very findable and very capable ...

Hello Mike:)..seriois now, I agree.

• Advertisement

Has he had the dealership for long?When I had this problem it wasnt coming up on their website??Just some camera shop in Dublin who basically were unreachable 95% of the times ,didnt return calls and finally told me to go and send them back to Swkfi myself or contact the Uk dealer. Hence my previous statement.

lakesider wrote: »
    Hello Mike:)..seriois now, I agree.

haha ,afraid not

Has he had the dealership for long?When I had this problem it wasnt coming up on their website??Just some camera shop in Dublin who basically were unreachable 95% of the times ,didnt return calls and finally told me to go and send them back to Swkfi myself or contact the Uk dealer. Hence my previous statement.

not sure Grizzly,bought my 1st rifle of him about 5 or 6 years ago and he was Swarovski then,have a new x5i on order with him at the moment and he was very good value .

Looking at the dealer locater page on the Swarovski website there's 5 dealers here and 203 in the uk. Mike is a nice person to deal with compared to others I've had dealings with over the years.

Advertisement