Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving very

• 09-11-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Title should say Leaving Cert General enquiry....I have leaving certs this year and to say results so far are shocking is an understatement. Students are not working both in class and at home. They are weak and worst of all lazy and I'm beginning to lose all patience with them....my motivation to go to class is dropping steadily!!!

Anyone else in the same boat? Any advice?!?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Get the parents in, ideally with the student and discuss the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

Get the parents in and voice your concerns.
    Catch them doing good, then reward them (I have a learning ladder and they move up a rung for being focused and on task everyday)
    Get them to teach the class - presentations?
    Include things they like in your topic - if they like Kanye west/harry potter find a way to include them
    Show them what excellent work in your subject looks like and how "easy" it can be to get there (by easy, I mean with a little work)

Advertisement