Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade security cameras to HD thru coax

Options
  • 09-11-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi I have a system in about 3 years , 4 cameras and a dvr, I want to upgrade to hd cameras and remote viewing on my phone but as the cables are buried in the house( new build and installed as house was being built ) I don't really want to run new cat5 , is it possible to change to hd cameras to run over existing coax and maybe change dvr and wire for remote viewing? I did a Quick Google and it appears to be possible ? Thanks in advance ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

shooter69 wrote: »
    Hi I have a system in about 3 years , 4 cameras and a dvr, I want to upgrade to hd cameras and remote viewing on my phone but as the cables are buried in the house( new build and installed as house was being built ) I don't really want to run new cat5 , is it possible to change to hd cameras to run over existing coax and maybe change dvr and wire for remote viewing? I did a Quick Google and it appears to be possible ? Thanks in advance ..

Yes they can use the coax that is already in place.
    Have a look at the LTS equipment here. You would need to change the DVR also. Remote viewing comes as standard on most DVRs available.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

altor wrote: »
    Have a look at the LTS equipment here. You would need to change the DVR also. Remote viewing comes as standard on most DVRs available.

Many thanks Altor, any idea of price for 4 bullet cameras and a new dvr? I would try install myself as I'm reasonably handy - is there an Irish supplier for this range ?
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

shooter69 wrote: »
    Many thanks Altor, any idea of price for 4 bullet cameras and a new dvr? I would try install myself as I'm reasonably handy - is there an Irish supplier for this range ?
    Thanks again

That is no problem, use a lot of it myself.
    We dont give out prices on here.
    REW on the suppliers list here supply them.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

altor wrote: »

Thanks again

Advertisement