Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blank Scanned Images

Options
  • 09-11-2015 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

So I've scanned some pages of sketching for an assignment that's due tomorrow but when I open the folder most of the images are blank?! If anyone has any help I'd really appreciate it as I'm in a very sticky situation! Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

This might sound really stupid, but are you scanning them the right way up?
    I.e. are you scanning the side of the paper with the sketch on it and not the blank back?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ChrisBarrett7

Yeah I am, the thumbnail is okay for 2 or 3 of them and when I click into the picture it shows up okay, but then when I exited it it went blank

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

Try scanning through paint might work for you,usully aswell make sure scanner is connected right sometimes could be a loose cable and it mighten be in right,hope i helped.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

What software are you using to scan? Assuming you are using Windows do a search of the start menu for "Windows fax & Scan" or if on windows 8 or 10 look for the Scan app (blue icon)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

If you can't get it to work and your really stuck you can try taking photos of the sheets if you have a half decent camera phone, worked for me b4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

You sure you're not seeing a small portion of the image (a white section of paper)
    Tried zooming out / fitting image to window?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭ChrisBarrett7

By the way, I have no access to the scanner now. Also I have opened the file on a different laptop and about half the images worked there. If that's any help to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kodistar

By the way, I have no access to the scanner now. Also I have opened the file on a different laptop and about half the images worked there. If that's any help to anyone!

Sounds like you could of scanned it wrong or the images are the wrong format.As some one said above if you have a camera phone take good picture and send to your dropbox and download image to your computer as jpeg r gif format then upload to your college website other then that the info you have gave isnt great,hope i helped.

Advertisement