Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 09/11/2015 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Can easily predict the outcome of them all besides Cesaro vs Sheamus, hopefully they'll throw in a shock or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Big Show wins with a K.O punch. *hides*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So Kalisto and Titus get a shot, and New Day don't? Boooooo.....

So much for any surprise entrants as well. Seems pretty clear we're moving towards a Reigns win, and given Ambrose looks to be the other end of the brackets, would imagine he will be the other finalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not sure if it'll be on TV presume it will but
    Wayne Rooney slapped Wade Barrett :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Reminder to everyone that this is in Manchester, so it's not live.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Complete results and spoilers

* The WWE World Heavyweight Title is in the ring as Triple H makes his way out alone. He talks about Seth Rollins’ injury and announces a new tournament to begin tonight to crown a new champion. A big “thank you Rollins” chant started. Roman Reigns came out and Triple H put the title on him, offering him the chance to be in The Authority. Reigns turns it down and will face Big Show in a tournament match.

* Tournament Match: Roman Reigns defeated Big Show in a very lackluster match, crown wasn’t engaged at all. Reigns advances.

* Tournament Match: WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens defeated Titus O’Neil. Owens cut a good heel promo before the match and won with a pop-up powerbomb. Owens stopped and stared at the title at ringside for a pop. Owens advances.

* Backstage segment with Paige and Renee Young, talking about the WWE Divas Champion Charlotte and Survivor Series. Paige will face Becky Lynch tonight.

* Becky Lynch defeated Paige with a handful of tights. Paige attacked Becky after the match and applied the PTO on the announce table. Charlotte came out, Paige broke the hold and walked away.

* Tournament Match: Dolph Ziggler defeated The Miz with a superkick. After the match, Ziggler grabbed the belt and raised it. The crowd popped big for Ziggler with the title. Ziggler advances.
    * WWE United States Champion Alberto Del Rio and Zeb Colter came out for a promo on MexAmerica. They got a lot of good heat talking about current affairs in the UK and Europe. Del Rio will face Stardust in a tournament match on SmackDown.

* Natalya defeated Naomi. Fans chanted “we want Sasha” all during the match. Sasha Banks attacked after the match but Natalya put her in the Sharpshooter. Tamina Snuka made the save and Sasha put the Banks Statement on Natalya until she tapped.

* Tournament Match: Cesaro defeated Sheamus after a distraction. Barrett and Sheamus had been exchanging words with Rooney during the match and Rooney hit Barrett for the distraction.

* Tournament Match: Dean Ambrose defeated Tyler Breeze with a small package. This was described as a good debut match for Breeze.
    * Fans had been chanting for WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day all night and they came out to a massive pop.

The New Day defeated The Usos and Neville when Neville went for Red Arrow and got pushed off the top. Xavier Woods pinned him with his feet on the ropes. New Day got the best reaction of the night. Neville also got a good reaction.

* The main event segment is a tribute for Kane and The Undertaker by The Wyatt Family. Wyatt comes out alone and talks about the spirits of Kane and Taker, the change ahead. Taker’s music hits to a big pop. The Brothers of Destruction come out and the crowd goes mental. The rest of The Wyatt Family appears when the lights go out but Taker and Kane clear the ring. Braun Strowman fights back but they throw him into the announce table. They hit a double chokeslam on Wyatt and walk out together to end the show.

From here http://411mania.com/wrestling/ongoing-wwe-raw-taping-results-spoilers-2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pentecost wrote: »
    Not sure if it'll be on TV presume it will but
    Wayne Rooney slapped Wade Barrett :)
    cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Looks to be Reigns vs either Ambrose or Owens in the final; with the possibility of Sheamus cashing-in.

I don't think Reigns winning makes much sense; it would be like he fluked his away into it after Rollins got injured which isn't what you want for someone who is supposed to be the next big babyface.

Better for a heel (either Owens or Sheamus, or Ambrose heel turn) to beat him and then feud with them until the Rumble and win it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Absolute promo by hhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ricero wrote: »
    Absolute promo by hhh

In fairness hhh was quite convincing, I would have taken the belt!

• Advertisement

That Forbes top sporting brands list is so biased towards the US. The FIFA World Cup (not just the final either, the whole month long tournament), watched by billions of people worldwide is one place ahead of WrestleMania watched by 1-2 million. Right! Even the Winter Olympics is ahead of the World Cup, presumably because Americans are more interested in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Cole keeps referring to Man Utd as "THE Manchester Utd".

"There's Old Trafford, the home of THE Manchester Utd and here at ringside is Wayne Rooney, the captain of THE Manchester Utd!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey, it's a step up from calling it "the Manchester football team" ;)

Sheamus is great, dunno why people hate on him (which is obviously not just heel heat obviously!!). Hope he cashes in on Reigns after the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Just watching the highlights on YouTube there. Man, the New Day are just so good!

New Day: "We laid out the show off Adolph Ziggler," (crowd pops for Ziggler) "our childhood favourites The Dudley Boyz," (crowd pops big for The Dudleyz), "not to mention your golden boy John Cena," (crowd boos Cena)
    Big E: "They don't like him either"

:D:D

Looking at the brackets, it looks clear (at least too me) that we're looking at Ambrose vs Reigns at Survivor Series, which is grand. I'm hoping the way they're looking at going is that Ambrose provides another one of those stumbling blocks. It would be far better for Reigns as a character if Ambrose wins and it causes a heel turn for Reigns.

Elsewhere....didn't like the ending; Kane and Taker beating down the Wyatts basically does damage to the overall feud, since they've gotten their revenge now. Some grand matches along the way.

"The Manchester Uniteds"? ok. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Elsewhere....didn't like the ending; Kane and Taker beating down the Wyatts basically does damage to the overall feud, since they've gotten their revenge now. Some grand matches along the way.

Yeah agreed, the last 2 weeks were pointless now where they sort of built Bray up again, only this time he doesn't even make it to a ppv to get his beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cringe
    When Phil Bardsley knocked Rooney out with one punch, makes BNB look weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

When Phil Bardsley knocked Rooney out with one punch, makes BNB look weak

haha any chance of him doing a
    WWE
    themed celebration the next time he scores on the field?

lycan238 wrote: »
    haha any chance of him doing a
    WWE
    themed celebration the next time he scores on the field?

We'll find out in 8-10 weeks when he scores again, I guess :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Looking at the brackets, it looks clear (at least too me) that we're looking at Ambrose vs Reigns at Survivor Series, which is grand. I'm hoping the way they're looking at going is that Ambrose provides another one of those stumbling blocks. It would be far better for Reigns as a character if Ambrose wins and it causes a heel turn for Reigns.

"The Manchester Uniteds"? ok. :P

I thought the same the minute i seen the brackets it will be those two but know that sheamus has been eliminated early im almost postive thats hes cashing in.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

Was a big let down apart from the last segment with Taker. They really could have started to shake things up but chose not to. Rollins was seriously missed more so than I expected. Even though Raw was rarely great with him he was the glue that held it together for so long that there is now a big void for a top heel. If they don't turn Reigns heel at SvS and seriously shake things up the rest of the year will be unbearable.

The "thank you Rollins" chants on Raw were great. Just a shame HHH didn't wait till all the fans got in sync as it would've been much more effective then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Actually feel a little sorry for Wyatt

When he is given material with a purpose he hits it out of the park imo. It's rare ill give you that as often his feuds are interchangeable and thus his promos are too and dont seem to go anywhere but I think he has been on fine form with all the Taker stuff. If only they coulda waited till SvS to crush him this time... I mean what was the point in making Bray lose all his momentum 2 weeks before he will no doubt lead his family into battle with most likely not just the two lads who on their own beat them but potentially plus someone like Sting. Not only that but they made the big man Strowman look like a complete numpty just standing there (literally about 2 feet away) and watching / doing nothing while Taker and Kane chokeslammed Harper and Rowan.

Until that point I was there with the crowd thinking "This is awesome", it was reminiscent of The Wyatts vs the shield for just the feel you get from the moment of confrontation but then all the air was let out of it.

Maybe they will wait till next week for what I woulda done especially with it being the live show in America but they lose a week of promoting their biggest (at least easiest to promote) match for the PPV then.

Simply The Brothers of Destruction interrupt and confront Bray but then it goes black and suddenly it's four on two and after the this is awesome moment the attack begins. Taker/Kane do well at first but eventually the numbers mean the Wyatts begin to get on top until the lights go again but this time to announce the arrival of Sting! The three with the element of surprise on their side now fight back and 1 by one knock the Wyatts to the outside where Bray stops them from charging back in and instead they back up the ramp but as the show ends the image is the four of them from the top of the eyeballing Taker, Kane & Sting in the ring while Micheal Cole announces the match for Survivor Series.

*disclaimer: I dunno how healthy Sting is and if he will be at SvS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I forgot it wasn't live but I think that might explain why the audio sounded off in places, as if they modified crowd reactions.

Surprised Taker was there, considering the schedule he tends to keep. I'm not sure if it'll be 8 man tag at SS. They may want to fight their own battle.

I never like it when they take a new guy, especially one who's supposed to be a monster, and put him in a tournament. In this case Tyler Breeze. I know he's not a monster but this is his first Raw match and he comes away with a loss. While if he wasn't involved in the tournament he could get a few wins under his belt before losing. Same with guys who come in and squash everyone, only to lose in a tournament because the champion is decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I wonder what Vince thinks when he sees the most strongly pushed guy since Cena and Hogan constantly getting bad reactions and have average to bad matches unless he has a ton of gimmicks to carry him.

The you have Cesaro, one of the best athletes in PW period, who the fans ****ing love and he's never ever been pushed at all.

And these two are matched up next week. And they want Roman as the next top babyface.

They really have zero clue what they're doing.

Yeah they edited out loads of stuff from the crowd because they didn't like the chants. The crowd were booing Reigns when he rejected Triple H's offer to join the authority but they piped in cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know they talk about him in positive terms every week, but wonder if they were really talking up Cesaro this week because they knew he would face Reigns and wanted to make it seem a bigger deal when Reigns beats him.

Point Fowler on ign made about Sheamus
    what's the deal with his MITB case now during this time of vacancy? Either he should be allowed to cash in on the dark void and become the champ or he should, at least, get a couple of weeks added to his MITB window to make up for the days his briefcase was useless.

He has to pin someone or make them submit to become champion.

Not sure why anyone would care if he gets a couple of weeks extra at the end, his briefcase run is probably not gonna last that long anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

LOL OMFG
    The child screaming "THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR MESSING WITH DOLPH ZIGGLER" during the Ambrose/Breeze match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Anyone know where Raw is next week? A smarky crowd could be very bad for Roman

Advertisement