Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen sockets out

Options
  • 09-11-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Folks have a late night problem.

All of the sockets in the kitchen have suddenly stopped working within the last few hours. I checked the fuse board and everything is normal, I knocked the switches off and back on and still nothing.

There was a power cut in the area today but they were working after that.

Anybody any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Unplug everything in the kitchen. Check the fuse-board and the RCD. Plug in one at a time and see does it fuse again

Are your lights working in the kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

wait4me wrote:
    Are your lights working in the kitchen?

Yep everything else in the house is working as normal, it's just the kitchen sockets.
    I tried unplugging everything and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Are there any fuses in the board apart from the main or is it all modern MCB?

TheChizler wrote: »
    Are there any fuses in the board apart from the main or is it all modern MCB?
    That's basically in the picture, mains comes through on the left.

• Advertisement

Did you get this sorted?

wait4me wrote:
    Did you get this sorted?

Yeah, there was a loose connection on the fuse board. The kitchen live wasn't put into the terminal correctly it was kind of wedged at the back of it. It was rewired a few years ago so for whatever reason it played up all of a sudden.

I got a proper sparks in to run over it and certify it. The bottom half as you can see in the pic is a mess so RECI will sort that with the ESB when his cert goes in.

Advertisement