Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storage heaters costing too much

Options
  • 10-11-2015 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi guys I have pinergy installed in my house , recently after months the landlord finally got the storage heater fixed but I'm confused at how it works turned it on for a hour and from looking at pinergy it cost 1.50 for that hour .

Two switches are next to it , but the landlord switched them around as one was not turning on for him at the time .

When I turn on the switch , the heaters heats up? I thought it works as in leaves heat out the next day.

I'm afraid to ask my landlord again for help as my lease is up the end of this month and in afraid in case he decides to let us go as tenants

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Storage heaters should be set to only come on after 7.00pm and go off at 7.00am, max. They can of course be set to come on later. The idea is that those heaters use the night-time rate, and then they remain hot/warm for the daylight hours. Turning them on during daylight hours is madness, and very, very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Hi guys I have pinergy installed in my house , recently after months the landlord finally got the storage heater fixed but I'm confused at how it works turned it on for a hour and from looking at pinergy it cost 1.50 for that hour .

Two switches are next to it , but the landlord switched them around as one was not turning on for him at the time .

When I turn on the switch , the heaters heats up? I thought it works as in leaves heat out the next day.

I'm afraid to ask my landlord again for help as my lease is up the end of this month and in afraid in case he decides to let us go as tenants

One switch is for normal instant heat and the other switch is the one you leave on over night to store your electricity ,
    Depending on what one you have ,
    And to store the heat the flap has to be closed by tuning the dial on the control panel,
    He should have at least replaced the two switches just been cheap and lazy IMO you should ask your landlord to get a qualified electrician to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

I only turned it on at 11 pm k st to see how it worked , there is no flap off it or even a switch to set the Times . Seriously have no idea how this works all I know is that it's getting colder and he's not replying to any of my calls or texts about rats either in the attic. I'm trying the first switch by the wall for half an hour just to see how it goes rates wise

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I only turned it on at 11 pm k st to see how it worked , there is no flap off it or even a switch to set the Times . Seriously have no idea how this works all I know is that it's getting colder and he's not replying to any of my calls or texts about rats either in the attic. I'm trying the first switch by the wall for half an hour just to see how it goes rates wise

Post a PIC of your heater and any controls ,there fairly easy to use once there working properly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Type the name and model number into google and download the manual for it. That should show you how to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭rossmores

there are 2 dials on the heater 1 for input another for output (this controls the flap)
    input is for heat going in to heat the bricks that store the heat should be set 2 max
    output controls the heat out max when heat is required min if not

they come on at 11pm go off at 7am or 8am

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Well Pinergy is the dearest Electricity, straight away your paying about 20% more than you should.

Also do Pinergy do night rates? I suspect you only have a 24 hour rate which isn't really meant to be used with storage heater

Advertisement